Sponsored

2020 Rubicon JT misfires and auto start issues

Illiana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Hello all, recently purchased 2020 Rubicon gladiator. All was well first 800 miles, then p137 oxygen sensor code. Code cleared after day or two. Now around 1400 miles, owned less than two months and have blinking check engine light, p137 and p300 codes. exhaust smells terrible, vehicle barely runs, stutters doesn't shift right, etc. I want rid of this piece of trash ASAP. unbelievable to be having problems like this, apparently widespread on a new vehicle. I appreciate any tips, tricks, feedback on buyback.
Sponsored

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
Hello all, recently purchased 2020 Rubicon gladiator. All was well first 800 miles, then p137 oxygen sensor code. Code cleared after day or two. Now around 1400 miles, owned less than two months and have blinking check engine light, p137 and p300 codes. exhaust smells terrible, vehicle barely runs, stutters doesn't shift right, etc. I want rid of this piece of trash ASAP. unbelievable to be having problems like this, apparently widespread on a new vehicle. I appreciate any tips, tricks, feedback on buyback.
Sorry to hear you have issues. Unfortunately no thing that we buy is 100%. have you had a dealer look at it yet?

OP
OP

Illiana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Thanks for the replies. Not to the dealer yet. I have a case open with Jeep and am awaiting their instruction. I understand issues happen but the last 3 personal vehicles Iā€™ve purchased brand new never had anything other than fluid changes and tire rotations until sold around 50k so I donā€™t think Jeep gets any kind of pass here. Itā€™s not acceptable. I own 12 collector cars and would prefer that the dealer and their ā€œcertified techniciansā€ never touch any of my vehicles. I understand that is likely where Iā€™ll be headed next but Iā€™m not going to fun to deal with and intend to escalate as far as I can as fast as I can. Again, thanks for replies and I appreciate any other feedback on buyback.

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
How did you think FCA corporate was going to handle this and avoid the dealer?

Sal

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Thereā€™s a know issue with All 2020 JL and JTs the current fix is to change the rocker arms and tibbets.

Apparently thereā€™s they made a change to the engine. They basically added a timing system to the variable valve time system in the penstar

Sponsored

OP
OP

Illiana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Thereā€™s a know issue with All 2020 JL and JTs the current fix is to change the rocker arms and tibbets.

Apparently thereā€™s they made a change to the engine. They basically added a timing system to the variable valve time system in the penstar
Thank you, I've seen the rocker fix being discussed and have a friend with jt that had rocker fix and cel was back on within two days. I will keep this updated as it progresses.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Hi Illiana,
We certainly regret to hear the experience you've had with your vehicle ownership so far. If you decide to move forward in repairing your Jeep with your dealer, please know that our team would be happy to assist you via private message.

Kathryn
JeepCares

OP
OP

Illiana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Thank you, I've seen the rocker fix being discussed and have a friend with jt that had rocker fix and cel was back on within two days. I will keep this updated as it progresses.
An update with no update. I opened a case with FCA late last week. Was told 2 business which at latest would have been Wednesday. Havenā€™t hear a word from Jeep. Jeep cares responded but nothing has been done through fca, not even a phone call.

OP
OP

Illiana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Update: replacing ECM, oxygen sensor(s) and something else I will post my sheet from dealer when I get it back. should be in next couple of days

Sal

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Update: replacing ECM, oxygen sensor(s) and something else I will post my sheet from dealer when I get it back. should be in next couple of days
well I got mine back on Friday. After 45 days they end up doing a full block engine swap
Sponsored