First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Executive
It is technically possible, but it is not practical to do so. There is a write-up for installing a Trail Cam. It involves adding a video switching device and a bunch of cables, along with all new cameras. There is a kit available from Zautomotive (Tazer) that adds a front camera using the Cargo camera input on the 8.4 Uconnect.
Thanks! I stumbled on a few posts that get into the detail and it does seem tough and expensive. As an alternative, it seems way more practical to go with something like a Garmin Overlander and a compatible camera. We'll see...
Sponsored

Hurricane

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator-2019 wrangler unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Update
ordered the 68417861AH for the JT and it works perfectly
thanks for the heads up Hootbro
Does the new bezel come with the part number? You say it is up and play? My dealer is giving me the run around. If doesn't have to be flashed by dealer I will just order it myself and install. Any info would be appreciated.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Does the new bezel come with the part number? You say it is up and play? My dealer is giving me the run around. If doesn't have to be flashed by dealer I will just order it myself and install. Any info would be appreciated.
Bezel is a separate part and is not included with the radio .

kioti10

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
InfoSec Engineer
Hey OP, did you ever go through with the 7" to 8.4" upgrade? Thanks

21Moja

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Master Distiller
So I just installed my 8.4 (from a 7") but Im having issues with the GPS...It still thinks I'm in another state and isn't finding any satellites at all. Im giving it a little time since I know it takes awhile for the radio to settle in. Has anyone had this issue? Did the 7" have a GPS antenna installed from the factory?

Sponsored

kioti10

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
InfoSec Engineer
So I just installed my 8.4 (from a 7") but Im having issues with the GPS...It still thinks I'm in another state and isn't finding any satellites at all. Im giving it a little time since I know it takes awhile for the radio to settle in. Has anyone had this issue? Did the 7" have a GPS antenna installed from the factory?
Which part number did you get? And where from?

21Moja

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Master Distiller
Bought from a person with a 2021 Gladiator (same as mine)...I think I know the issue but Im still looking into it

Hurricane

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I installed one in sport model and had no problems.

21Moja

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Master Distiller
I installed one in sport model and had no problems.
Im starting to think I don't have the GPS antenna installed...Im trying to figure out where it goes and what color it is on the back of the radio...

Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Im following this now. The radio upgrade is still on my lists of “would be nice to have” so im curious if its worth it

Hurricane

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Im starting to think I don't have the GPS antenna installed...Im trying to figure out where it goes and what color it is on the back of the radio...
One of the plugs is in a different location on the 8.4 than the 7. The GPS and sirus radio are on the same antenna.

21Moja

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Master Distiller
One of the plugs is in a different location on the 8.4 than the 7. The GPS and sirus radio are on the same antenna.
Correct, Im simply not sure of the color of the plug that goes into back of the radio...I know you cant plug them in the wrong location due to the specific shape of each connector.

Hurricane

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Correct, Im simply not sure of the color of the plug that goes into back of the radio...I know you cant plug them in the wrong location due to the specific shape of each connector.
Mine were different colors than the 7. L I ke you say the connectors will fit only 1 way. When I first hooked mine up I forget to hook up one wire. When I unplugged it from the 7 I laid it off tk the side and didn't realize it until I was reinstalling the radio.

21Moja

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Master Distiller
Mine were different colors than the 7. L I ke you say the connectors will fit only 1 way. When I first hooked mine up I forget to hook up one wire. When I unplugged it from the 7 I laid it off tk the side and didn't realize it until I was reinstalling the radio.
So come to find out the blue connector coming from the car can plug into anything...It has no cut outs like the rest do...I figured out my issue with a bit of trail and error.
Sponsored