CCOlotti

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Eco Diesel
Vehicle Showcase
So I’ve had CarPlay before and in the new 2021 with the 8.4” screen using a new cable and USB in console it CONSTANTLY locks up CarPlay on the screen.
Anyone else having this issue with 2021’s? It’s both annoying and unsafe.
Sponsored

dickeldan

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
photographer
Just got mine last weekend. Everything works except navigation if I have my iPhone connected. Took to service to have them reflash it. They did but still does it. They are ordering a new head unit.

GladiSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 08 S2000 CR, 08 S2000, 22 392 XR Order
Build Thread
Link
So I’ve had CarPlay before and in the new 2021 with the 8.4” screen using a new cable and USB in console it CONSTANTLY locks up CarPlay on the screen.
I have the same exact issue. @JeepCares Thoughts? My center console disconnects my phone with a BRAND NEW apple cable and current software on a new phone. Works fine with the cable port that is in the way of my manual shifter.

DLAW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Nissan Pathfinder, '08 Honda Civic, '12 Honda CR-V, '16 Honda Odyssey, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Predicting the future
I have a post on Uconnect issues if it's something you want to double check your functionality. A lot of people are having issues with all the modern techy stuff dealing with phones. Many different issues too, not just one glaring issue.
My post is here:
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/uconnect-guardian-info-issues.37800

You need to contact Jeep Wave people and let them know about your issues and get it escalated and logged.

Also, pay no mind to people on this forum who try to say "it's a Jeep" and claim that you shouldn't be complaining about stuff like this. That's BS. Jeep is selling tech features that don't work. That has nothing to do with the opinion of what people think a Jeep should be.

Good luck

Sponsored

OP
OP
CCOlotti

CCOlotti

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I guess is it a jeep issue or a I uconnect one? Guessing the finger pointing will start. Yeah I’ve never used the front on I like to drop my phone in the console out of sight out of mind and now frankly @JeepCares this becomes a safety issue. So what’s the plan to fix it? It’s a USB port. Speaking as an IT person of 25 years it should act like the front USB ports there’s no reason for $70k the $10 USB in the console should be causing so many issues. Clearly I’m not alone.

OP
OP
CCOlotti

CCOlotti

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have a post on Uconnect issues if it's something you want to double check your functionality. A lot of people are having issues with all the modern techy stuff dealing with phones. Many different issues too, not just one glaring issue.
My post is here:
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/uconnect-guardian-info-issues.37800

You need to contact Jeep Wave people and let them know about your issues and get it escalated and logged.

Also, pay no mind to people on this forum who try to say "it's a Jeep" and claim that you shouldn't be complaining about stuff like this. That's BS. Jeep is selling tech features that don't work. That has nothing to do with the opinion of what people think a Jeep should be.

Good luck
I’m still trying to get the @JeepCares people to show me as the owner on the new rig. It’s been over a week. Before I call them I need that fixed to prove I’m the owner.

DLAW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Nissan Pathfinder, '08 Honda Civic, '12 Honda CR-V, '16 Honda Odyssey, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Predicting the future
I’m still trying to get the @JeepCares people to show me as the owner on the new rig. It’s been over a week. Before I call them I need that fixed to prove I’m the owner.
F's sake. I feel your pain.
Your sales person should have set you up properly with all the accounts stuff at least. Your Mopar.com login, the "owner" thing, Uconnect App on your phone, SiriusXM Guardian. That should all work on day 1.

If any of those are not setup correctly, call your sales person for help. That should have been a part of the vehicle purchase.

GladiSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
So I found a fix for my iPhone 12 Pro that was locking up every 3 minutes using the center console USB port. I turned WiFi and Bluetooth off and it stays connected no problem now. It has not disconnected once since I toggled those two off.

Maybe, just maybe, this will be a fix for you as well.

Cheers

Sponsored

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
So just a FYI a way to tell if your phone is the issue if its frozen Carplay will be frozen. If CarPlay is frozen and your device isn't then you need to look at the cable or the headunit and by the cable I mean either the one you plug in or the wiring to the Headunit

FloridaMan655321

First Name
Lieutenant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 1973 F-100 - both manual
Occupation
Lieutenant (not really)
So I found a fix for my iPhone 12 Pro that was locking up every 3 minutes using the center console USB port. I turned WiFi and Bluetooth off and it stays connected no problem now. It has not disconnected once since I toggled those two off.

Maybe, just maybe, this will be a fix for you as well.

Cheers
I assume you also checked to see if disabling bluetooth only fixed it. Would be fine to disable bluetooth as a temp fix, but wifi is kind of annoying to remember enable/disabling every time....

GladiSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I assume you also checked to see if disabling bluetooth only fixed it. Would be fine to disable bluetooth as a temp fix, but wifi is kind of annoying to remember enable/disabling every time....
Haven't checked that...will try that this afternoon.

OP
OP
CCOlotti

CCOlotti

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Haven't checked that...will try that this afternoon.
Interesting that would be curious if it’s BT and wired combo would make more sense than WiFi as the Headunit uses BT not WiFi. Let me know but yeah that’s a bug somewhere for sure my wife’s grand Cherokee has no issues and the front ports as people have said work fine.

GladiSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Interesting that would be curious if it’s BT and wired combo would make more sense than WiFi as the Headunit uses BT not WiFi. Let me know but yeah that’s a bug somewhere for sure my wife’s grand Cherokee has no issues and the front ports as people have said work fine.
For sure...while it is somewhat annoying, I am happy to know at least I can leave the phone in the center console after starting it up and pushing the two(maybe one) button(s) for now.
Sponsored