Sponsored

2021 Gladiator Mojave Spacer Lift for 37s?

DispersedNomad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Looking for advice on building out my 2021 Gladiator Mojave. I am trying to get 37s on this without having to replace the stock suspension because I really like the FOX 2.5 in performance internal by-pass shocks with external reservoirs plus the FOX hydro jounce bumpers. Would it be possible to just get 2 inch spacer lift and then throw some 37s under it? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
You’ll need to measure your shocks fully extended to be sure they don’t overextend when running offroad. There’s a chance you’ll need shock mount extensions at a minimum.

tbaker

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 silver Jeep gladiator rubicon
The 2.5 inch leveling kit from rough country comes with shock extensions and the ride is great I don’t do any off-roading these gladiators cost to much to tare up

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
I don’t do any off-roading these gladiators cost to much to tare up
It’s yours to do as you wish, I think as a mall crawler they look good. I bought mine because it’s a Jeep, I’ll be treating it as a Jeep, if I don’t, I won’t be getting my return of investment out of it. I love my Gladiator, but I’m not going to baby it.

What’s all that got to do with tea? I would not do a spacer lift if you are off-roading it. Do it correctly, and you’ll get out there, have fun, and get home without issues.

Sponsored

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock; 1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo; 1988 Porsche 911, 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4. Not all at the same time.
We went with 35s on our Mojave build. Spacer lift using parts from Teraflex and EVO. Drives awesome. Check out our build video:

Very interested in this...could you kindly provide a parts list?

MadMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave 2020
Occupation
Sales Manager
I’m using Iron Rock 2inch lift front and rear. I had no problems with the lift kit in the rear with Mojave, but in front I had to ask an additional pair of bracket to drill a hole myself in the correct position of the suspension. One concern was about the hydraulic joint bumpers, but the kit worked just fine with that. I received really good support from Iron Rock from start to the end.

5A57A59F-13C0-4F0E-93A5-9EC7210BDC83.jpeg

Sponsored

TheGinger

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL EcoDiesel Rubicon
Occupation
Wrench Monkey
Maybe I’m the only one who thinks it, but it rode like shit after I put mine on. I took it off, back to a factory smooth ride. 2.5”
Likely the reason for this is the lift put the shocks out of the proper rest position for the internal bypass, that's why we lifted our 2" with 2" bumpstops, 2" shock extensions and a trackball and lower arms. Drove like a dream.

Paulo

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EcoDiesel Gladiator
Jeep Gladiator 2021 Gladiator Mojave Spacer Lift for 37s? 1604120399664

very impressed, thanks to Christian & Paul for the parts list and video.
This really seems to be the way to go for Mojave lift,
looks like the parts total comes out to around $1K.
You Bet! Maintaining the ride quality as FCA designed with our assembled parts list is the way to go for some added ground clearance and larger tires.

Cheers! ~ Paul.

CallMeJoe

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Occupation
Retired
I'd like to second the post for the Iron Rock spacer lift kit. First, it's a really nice high quality kit. Welding, finish and fit quality are the best I've ever seen. The shock spacers are beefy and we'll made. (I also wanted to keep my factory Rubicon shocks).
I installed it myself in my garage using rudimentary tools and the jack that came with my JT. I DID go get some jackstands and a 1/2" battery powered impact wrench though. The impact takes off half of the install time.
One criticism of the kit is that it does not come with bump stop extensions. I called Iron Rock (nice folks! Actually answered the phone and talked to me!) but the front bump stop extensions were out of stock. Since I'm not currently thrashing my JTR and the front bump stops can be installed without removing the springs (as long as you drill the holes while the springs are out) I opted to wait until they are back in stock.
Ride quality is the same as stock with no discernable difference. Driving it is also the same. There was a bit of initial noise from the spacers but a month in that has all but gone away as the components have seated.
I'm planning to pick up the bump stops and some lower control arms from Iron Rock soon. I should note that I'm running the stock tires and wheels and have no plans to change the tires. When I get around to it, I want to source some Mopar steel wheels like the TFL guys did. I like my tires tucked in and am not a fan of the cartoon tonka truck look with huge tires and mega-wheel offset.
Kudos to Iron Rock! Nice stuff!
Sponsored