First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction, Gold Mining, Surface Engineer
Hey all, brand new Jeep owner and new member on this site! I WAS a 'die hard' tacoma owner until Toyota forced me to fire them. I then went to JEEP and bought this amazing Gladiator last week! Im very mechanically inclined and have been this way since the mid 80's (high school). A properly maintained vehicle is one you take care of yourself and the more you can do in your own space, the safer the vehicle is.

So, before I took delivery of this vehicle, I asked the Chrysler Shop Assistant Manager to please check the oil levels in everything, especially the tranny, diffs, trans case etc.

They did and was shown photos of them doing the checks. I got it home and rechecked. Everything great until I did the auto trans procedure for checking. Got it up to temp and pulled the fill plug and 1 quart came out. ?? In a state of mental panic and expanding my bad words vocabulary, I had to plug it and shut off the truck and think "what the heck"?? So, the truck is sitting level BUT the transmission isn't level. The pan seal is angled down to the back where the fill plug is and I needed to get that quart back in. I lifted the rear end diff up with my jack and wood blocks 24" to where the pan is now "level" and I was able to put the quart back in. So no harm done, ...i think.

I called the Shop Assistant Manager and told him what I did but cant understand why 1 quart came out. He said 'its fine, we checked it and maybe had to top it up. The oil can be a little low or high and it wont matter."

So, I'm having a problem thinking there is 1 quart too much in there. Is this a problem? Does the tranny need to be level with the truck rear diff 2' lifted or is the truck level the proper process?
Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
I have not heard of issues with the auto being low on fluid, did the dealer add fluid to it before you bought it?

OP
OP
Maximus Gladius

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
He did not say if he added or took out.

OP
OP
Maximus Gladius

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Got it figured out, performed the check process and found it was 1/2 quart low. It’s all good now!
Sponsored