Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I picked up this Firecracker Red Gladiator today! 😁

She needs a name! What should it be?

Jeep Gladiator 2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow & AEV lift 20211111_140125

On vacation in Boone NC last week I was about to pass Rubitrux for the 20th time and I decided to swing by and check out their Jeeps. They have all sorts of crazy Rubicons w/ 392s and what not.. Those are awesome, but above my budget and not what I was looking for.

I have had a build in my head for a while. Thanks to this forum, I knew if I went to a Gladiator it had to be a Sport S Max Tow edition...

Anyways, a guy asked me if I needed help & I ended up telling him what my dream build would be... Sport S.. Max tow.. Quality lift.. Rock sliders.. Etc.. And the guy says "We have that exact model with those exact mods here about to go up for sale"...

I was like... "Oh man.. Of course you do! lol"

I saw it & it was Game Over.. I shook their hand & just got it home a few hours ago!

It has the 2.5" AEV DualSport RT Suspension, Fuel rims, etc... I'll get better pics & post the details over in the build section soon, even though I cheated a little and bought it ready to go!

She does need a name though! Hmm....
Sponsored

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
SB. For “store bought”

totally kidding!!!

nice looking JT!!

I’d rather have bought mine with the lift or paid someone. As it stands, I’m still sore from the self-install. (I installed my lift about 6 months ago! Lol)

OP
OP
len919

len919

First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Haha! Thanks!

I know, I know. My best friend always says "it isn't really yours until you've bled on it".. lol! But, there it was.. All the work done for me & priced a few bucks higher than stock. That's fine with me, I did plenty of work on the TJ. I am going to change the front blinkers - so - there's that! haha

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Fire crotch?!

Sponsored

The Crusader

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JTSD.
Occupation
Field Engineer
Rock Lobster?

Sun Burn?

Krusty Krab?

Crimson Crawler?

Satan's Rash?

Ginger Blushed?

Last edited:

JTR178

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Occupation
5-0
How does the dual sport ride? Narrowed it down to that or Clayton. Dual sport seems more practical for my use and the price.

OP
OP
len919

len919

First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How does the dual sport ride? Narrowed it down to that or Clayton. Dual sport seems more practical for my use and the price.
Excellent! To be fair though I have not driven on the Clayton.

I drove a stock Gladiator a year ago and was surprised at how well it drove, it was like a Honda Accord. lol..

This feels different but mostly due to the larger tires I believe. I have just driven it home and around town a little bit - I am selling my RAM in about a month so I'm putting the miles on that before I sell it. The ride home was about 150 highway miles and it was great - it was not all over the place. You could let go of the steering wheel and it would drive straight forever.

I had a lift on my TJ and you could tell the geometry was off somehow. I'm not sure how, you could just tell it felt "squirrely" and eager to jump out of your lane.. And I had a Silverado once that had the torsion bars cranked up and that was pretty bad. The AEV DualSport definitely feels like something that left the factory. I have felt some other Jeeps w/ lifts that felt "soft" - like you'd hit the gas and the rear end would sink down, etc.. This doesn't do that.

The place I bought it from does all sorts of wild conversions and it seems like they put AEV on pretty much everything.. So.. I'd buy it again for sure. Definitely a top notch lift!

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overland Diesel
Great looking truck! What fenders are those? They look great color matched.

Sponsored

WWBOATER

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT
I also have a AEV Dual Sport lift on my Gladiator, it rides great and does very well on moderate trails. Much better than the old Terra Flex I had on my JKU....

Great looking JT...

Wkyfiregladdy

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Mechanic
Beautiful truck! What size tires are they 37s?

OP
OP
len919

len919

First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great looking truck! What fenders are those? They look great color matched.
Thanks! I was definitely going to add them, and they already did. I probably would've ordered them powdercoated but I think they look better or at least pretty good color matched! They are Nemesis Industries Notorious Fender Flares.
Thanks!
Sponsored