First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Software Professional
Just bought a 2021 Gladiator High Altitude package that has upgraded wheels and tires (20"x8" Black Aluminum wheels, 275/55R20 All Season Tires) As soon as I pick it up I want to change tires to something visually bigger without having to spend on a lift kit or etc.. I am thinking about a 275/65R20 Nitto Ridge Grappler. Any reason these won't fit? Also, I assume the smooth ride from the stock tires to the new tires won't change much or am I wrong?
Sponsored

OP
OP

mallcorn

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Software Professional
thanks, good reference. Curious what the clearance factor might be. For example - in this vehicle with this wheel size, you can only use a 33.5" tire or you can use a 34.5" but not a 35".. The reference site only goes thru 2020 and wasn't clear on tire height.

Last edited:

Dmehrl

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep gladiator high altitude
Occupation
Shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
thanks, good reference. Curious what the clearance factor might be. For example - in this vehicle with this wheel size, you can only use a 33.5" tire or you can use a 34.5" but not a 35".. The reference site only goes thru 2020 and wasn't clear on tire height.
I put nitro ridge grapplers on my high altitude, size 305/55r20. I love them, a bit taller, couple inches wider, and ride just as good as the stock tires did, also very quiet 👍

OP
OP

mallcorn

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Software Professional
I put nitro ridge grapplers on my high altitude, size 305/55r20. I love them, a bit taller, couple inches wider, and ride just as good as the stock tires did, also very quiet 👍
Yes I strongly considered the Nitto in the Terra Grappler G2 tire. Thanks to this site for all the available information and help because I had to come up to speed on all things tires, lifts, etc. Since 99% of my driving will be hard top and dirt instead of rocks and hills, I decided to go All Terrain with either the Nitto Terra Grappler G2 or the Toyo Open Country AT/3 which I decided to try first. I did decide to go with a Mopar 2" lift kit, Toyo Open Country AT/3 in a 35/12.5R20 tire, Fuel Blitz D675 wheel in Black Gloss since I needed a little offset due to the tire change. All parts are in so my Gladiator High Altitude goes in the shop in the morning for a couple of days.

Sponsored

Dmehrl

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
Yes I strongly considered the Nitto in the Terra Grappler G2 tire. Thanks to this site for all the available information and help because I had to come up to speed on all things tires, lifts, etc. Since 99% of my driving will be hard top and dirt instead of rocks and hills, I decided to go All Terrain with either the Nitto Terra Grappler G2 or the Toyo Open Country AT/3 which I decided to try first. I did decide to go with a Mopar 2" lift kit, Toyo Open Country AT/3 in a 35/12.5R20 tire, Fuel Blitz D675 wheel in Black Gloss since I needed a little offset due to the tire change. All parts are in so my Gladiator High Altitude goes in the shop in the morning for a couple of days.
Please post picture, love to see finished product 👍

OP
OP

mallcorn

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Software Professional
Please post picture, love to see finished product 👍
Just picked it up this afternoon (rainy day) so most pictures are from in my garage.

Jeep Gladiator 2021 High Altitude Bigger Tire Question IMG_9654

Jeep Gladiator 2021 High Altitude Bigger Tire Question IMG_9655

Jeep Gladiator 2021 High Altitude Bigger Tire Question IMG_9656

Jeep Gladiator 2021 High Altitude Bigger Tire Question IMG_9657

Last edited:

Dmehrl

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)