First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 F-150, ‘15 CTS, ‘21 JT Urban Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Plumba
Am being told by a reputable individual that option 26S may no longer be available for rest of '21.

Anyone else run into this?
Sponsored

Pescatoral Pursuit

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Plumba
Which option is 26S?
Basically it converts a sport to a sport s diesel.

I'm irked over this new development.
I was looking forward to get exactly what I wanted without much of anything I didn't want, bundled at a great price.
Why are they discontinuing diesels on the sport trim? Trying to like the Willys but the options/ packages aren't there, ie a hardtop package.

sunrise089

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Higher Ed
Is diesel only unavailable with Sport S, and so still available with Sport? I ask because upthread there was a claim (seemingly stated in the order guide but otherwise unconfirmed to my knowledge) that Max Tow is also unavailable with Sport S but is still available on vanilla Sport.

That would seem to suggest there's something about the -S combo which Jeep is disfavoring. Maybe it's as simple as them wanting to push higher average prices and so they assume many of the -S buyers who insist on the diesel or 4.10 axle will move to Rubicon? Whereas they want to still offer the vanilla Sport choices for those with lower shopping budgets?

Sponsored

Pescatoral Pursuit

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Plumba
Is diesel only unavailable with Sport S, and so still available with Sport? I ask because upthread there was a claim (seemingly stated in the order guide but otherwise unconfirmed to my knowledge) that Max Tow is also unavailable with Sport S but is still available on vanilla Sport.

That would seem to suggest there's something about the -S combo which Jeep is disfavoring. Maybe it's as simple as them wanting to push higher average prices and so they assume many of the -S buyers who insist on the diesel or 4.10 axle will move to Rubicon? Whereas they want to still offer the vanilla Sport choices for those with lower shopping budgets?
Not available in Sport or Sport S.
It is still available in Willys, Freedom, and 80th which are part of the sport line but without the popular options package which imo is what gives the base model its value.

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Last I looked the diesel wasn’t available to order on Freedom package either. Would be good to hear if it is now.

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
I thought Freedom was cooked and done either way. And just because these options are evaporating right now doesn't mean they will stay that way in MY 2022 - it could just be that for right now they want to prioritize certain parts only for higher trims. It's an odd time to be buying a car, ya know?

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
I thought Freedom was cooked and done either way. And just because these options are evaporating right now doesn't mean they will stay that way in MY 2022 - it could just be that for right now they want to prioritize certain parts only for higher trims. It's an odd time to be buying a car, ya know?
I’m hoping that is the case and 22 brings some options back as well. I noticed the 21 Tacoma had a lot of options and colors not available on their B&P as well. Guessing Toyota is gearing up to switch.

Slojo

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK Unlimited X, 2011 Grand Cherokee, 2016 Colorado Z 71
I’m hoping that is the case and 22 brings some options back as well. I noticed the 21 Tacoma had a lot of options and colors not available on their B&P as well. Guessing Toyota is gearing up to switch.
This is probably just temporary changes at the end of MY 21 to build out what they have in the supply chain.

Sponsored

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
This is probably just temporary changes at the end of MY 21 to build out what they have in the supply chain.
Agreed. Hope Jeep is doing the same. I will say Toyota has done better job than Jeep keeping the B&P in line with what’s available to order.

Phishs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JTM, 21 JTR (traded)
Anyone know if the Gladiator Willys comes with remote start standard? I also cant figure out which tires you get with the Willys anymore. Looks like it was BFG's, the Firestone's and now I am not sure.

badger719

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Anyone know if the Gladiator Willys comes with remote start standard? I also cant figure out which tires you get with the Willys anymore. Looks like it was BFG's, the Firestone's and now I am not sure.
It wouldn't be available on the base Willys at all. The Sport S Willys can get remote start but only if you select the $645 Cold Weather package.

black beauty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 willy
just got mine last week. Had my 2017 jku stolen. Tires are firestone m/t's. really chunky compare to the bf m/ts. remote start + push botton come with cold weather group. Jeep tech said to stay away from the diesel for now. they had to tweak the engine to get it to epa standards as it was a euro engine. He said too many issues. I thought the 2.0 had too much delay off the line (i know it doesnt come on the gladiator) . 3.6 IMO is still the best option.