Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys in sarge green
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
Thought I'd start a truck journal just to have all of my stuff in one place. Ordered a Willys on 3-3-21 and it delivered in 16 days from the day I ordered. Didn't join Tread Lightly until the 28th of February so had to leave it at the dealer's for a week, then there were issues with the FCA affiliates website but I eventually got a control number by trying multiple emails and browsers. Anyway here she is as came from the factory.
Continued....

Jeep Gladiator 2021 Sarge Green Willys mostly stock "build" IMG_4551(1)
Sponsored

OP
OP
Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
First thing I did was add Santi's caps to cover the door locks and a 13" black antennae. And some Mopar red hook covers, which I may or may not leave on.

Jeep Gladiator 2021 Sarge Green Willys mostly stock "build" IMG_4597

Jeep Gladiator 2021 Sarge Green Willys mostly stock "build" IMG_4596

santis 6.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
My first day off with her, got a 1.5 inch Terraflex leveling kit added, N Fab podium steps, AMP Research bed step, and WeatherTech mud flaps. I wanted mud flaps as subtle as possible but that would still be functional. I feel like these should fit the bill but haven't taken the truck through any real mud yet to see how effective they are. But the look is just what I had in mind. The bed step doesn't clear the tailgate by much but it's big enough that I can still get a foot on it.

Jeep Gladiator 2021 Sarge Green Willys mostly stock "build" IMG_4604(1)

Jeep Gladiator 2021 Sarge Green Willys mostly stock "build" IMG_4602

Jeep Gladiator 2021 Sarge Green Willys mostly stock "build" IMG_4610

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
Little things...
Cup holder mats, No Drop thingie that goes beside the seats to keep from losing things into the abyss. Trailer hitch cover. And door hinge "protectors". Not sure they'll do much protecting but I liked the look way better black than silver. Also got an organizer box for the center console but forgot to photograph it.

Jeep Gladiator 2021 Sarge Green Willys mostly stock "build" IMG_4622

Jeep Gladiator 2021 Sarge Green Willys mostly stock "build" IMG_4620

IMG_4625.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
Some thoughts on my mods:

Not sure I'd do the Nerf steps if I had to do it over. For starters, I had to lose the stock rock rails which are really nice. And where they line up, I just don't use them to step in, though being 6'1 I don't really need them. My better half does though, and backseat passengers so far seem to.

The AMP Research bed step is nice and beefy, but too much of it is under the tailgate when down. Enough sticks out to get a purchase with your foot but if it could have been offset another couple of inches it would have made a world of difference.

The 13" Rydonair antennae seems to pick up local stations around here pretty well, but I didn't do a test with the stock one or anything to see if there was a noticeable difference. When my Sirius/XM trial runs out, I may put it back on and test. The stark silver when everything else was black just bugged me though. May plasidip it black if it ever goes back on.

The mud flaps make a world of difference. It's rained off and on since I got my Jeep, and the sides were getting sprayed something terrible before adding them.

OP
OP
Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
Just installed tie down anchors in the bed. Thread chaser was needed, but should come in handy for light stuff, cargo nets, etc. Also used an oil based Sharpie to liven up the slush mats.

E701C0F9-3F63-44E0-91DF-6CB524ACBB77.jpeg

6B61B267-B76B-4586-8C56-CD22F278BA2A.jpeg

OP
OP
Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
Once I was set on the Willys package I wanted a green one, or at least a military-looking tan shade after reading about the history. Before ordering this, I wished I could drive a few people's Gladiators who had done some mods to see how I liked them. I test drove plenty, but obviously all stock. I don't have a ton more to do other than adding my tonneau cover and dead pedal (when @Quadratec gets them back in stock). Been waiting on that one since late February. Steel Rubicon bumpers will be added if I ever find take-offs priced right and tires will be replaced when they wear out to 35"s but I'm very happy with these Firestones.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
Honestly, I think pretty much nothing at all after installing them. The package came with 6 and Gladiators only need 4. I'd send you my two if you wanted to see, heck maybe someone else with them would too and you could do it free! I got the ones for the outside of the vehicle too (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D4HL1RD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1), but can't decide if I want to put them on or return them. *If* I had any evidence they would prevent or delay the exterior hinges from rusting I'd have them on, but it's a lot of black for me visually.

JasonThor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Willys
Honestly, I think pretty much nothing at all after installing them. The package came with 6 and Gladiators only need 4. I'd send you my two if you wanted to see, heck maybe someone else with them would too and you could do it free! I got the ones for the outside of the vehicle too (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D4HL1RD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1), but can't decide if I want to put them on or return them. *If* I had any evidence they would prevent or delay the exterior hinges from rusting I'd have them on, but it's a lot of black for me visually.
I got them as well more for the aesthetic look then protective. I don't think there is really anything to protect but the silver doesn't look right and always stood out to me. I believe it comes with 6 because Wranglers will need extras for the back hatch

dakota.morgan91

First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(ordered) 2021 Gladiator Willys
oh ok! I appreciate the offer but I will pass for now. I can find and order some online if i change my mind in the future! :) Love the sarge green!

OP
OP
Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
Got my BAK revolver x4s put on today. A corner piece broke in shipping but their customer service was great and they said they’d get the piece mailed out to me today. I really like this cover a lot. Very easy to engage and disengage, rolls right into the down and locking position with a firm roll with your hand, and fits tight.

04ED0654-29B3-4A77-AB34-2DF28F40B029.jpeg

C289F900-395C-4EDF-B347-C2D6953EC9E9.jpeg

9249519B-321E-4980-B5CE-1F536F1FF437.jpeg

Shaqeroni

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator & 2021 Jeep JL Wrangler
Occupation
Retired LEO
My first day off with her, got a 1.5 inch Terraflex leveling kit added, N Fab podium steps, AMP Research bed step, and WeatherTech mud flaps. I wanted mud flaps as subtle as possible but that would still be functional. I feel like these should fit the bill but haven't taken the truck through any real mud yet to see how effective they are. But the look is just what I had in mind. The bed step doesn't clear the tailgate by much but it's big enough that I can still get a foot on it.

Jeep Gladiator 2021 Sarge Green Willys mostly stock "build" 9249519B-321E-4980-B5CE-1F536F1FF437

Jeep Gladiator 2021 Sarge Green Willys mostly stock "build" 9249519B-321E-4980-B5CE-1F536F1FF437

Did you have to take off the tires to install each mudflap? Guessing no but I am think of getting these same mudflaps.
Sponsored