First Name
April
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator - Mojave
Occupation
Entrepreneur
One of my friends told me about these - so I was pretty stoked to find this thread. Just have a couple of quick questions.

1. Are these all one-day events/adventures?
2. Are the events held near campgrounds? I'm looking at the Catskills or Vermont events.

There are none super close to me so in order to participate, I will need to stay a night or two.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Wrathis79

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, 2003 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Aerospace/Defense
One of my friends told me about these - so I was pretty stoked to find this thread. Just have a couple of quick questions.

2. Are the events held near campgrounds? I'm looking at the Catskills or Vermont events.

There are none super close to me so in order to participate, I will need to stay a night or two.

Thanks!
If you'll check the FAQ and Itinerary links posted at their site, it should help clear up any questions you might have. They are in fact 1 day events (at least the Austin/SA one is) and they give a location (and sometimes lodging suggestions in the area).

OP
OP
darksidedesign

darksidedesign

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave in Gator
Occupation
Graphic Designer / Illustrator

Thanks!
As far as I know, they are all a single day event. They usually start around 7-8am. They serve a light breakfast and they have a pre-trail meeting to answer any questions. You head out on the trail by 9am. You trail ride from then until lunch. They have some recovery demonstrations during lunch. Then it’s back out on the trail. They usually wrap up around 4-5pm.

I would suggest you check out the itinerary for the academy you plan to attend. They will have all the specific details there.

When my son and I did the one near Phoenix? We made a week of it. We took a couple days to drive down from Northern Utah. We took a few days driving back. We hit a couple of Badge of Honor trails on the way back. Stopped at the Grand Canyon. Drove through Monument Valley. Timed it perfectly to be in Moab for Easter Jeep Safari. We had an absolute blast! We definitely made some memories on that trip.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ChrisK

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Dad
Vehicle Showcase
I was lucky enough to participate in not just one, but two different Adventure Academies this year.

The first in Phoenix, AZ…

31C63183-0F9F-40C9-8237-90F2B27CA891.jpeg

and the other in Moab, UT…

C9E73C76-195D-421D-8F22-AAE6867E81F1.jpeg

These academies are geared towards the less experienced off-roader. They’re great for gaining confidence in yourself and your vehicle. I attended to brush up on my knowledge as well as get some proper training for my teenage son and my wife.

Registration for the 2022 academies opens next week. I believe they’ve added a couple of new locations for next year.

If this is your first Jeep or if you’re wanting to learn some off-road basics, I highly recommend you participate. As an added bonus, graduates of Jeep Adventure Academies get an Off-Road Certified Badge of Honor badge for their vehicle.

509F66FF-A086-4DAB-8D10-B5B7FCD0E32C.jpeg

And even more exciting, early registration for the following year’s Jeep Jamborees. A perk I took advantage of just last week.

Check it out HERE!

If you have any questions, I’ll try my best to answer them. I know several other forum members have participated in past academies. Feel free to chime in and share your experience.

(No, I’m not an official Jeep ambassador, I just had a good experience at both academies I attended and I want to make sure that others know about it.)
Thanks for This. I just registered for Thursday in September in Vermont. Totally stoked!

Mojave_Chic

First Name
April
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator - Mojave
Occupation
Entrepreneur
As far as I know, they are all a single day event. They usually start around 7-8am. They serve a light breakfast and they have a pre-trail meeting to answer any questions. You head out on the trail by 9am. You trail ride from then until lunch. They have some recovery demonstrations during lunch. Then it’s back out on the trail. They usually wrap up around 4-5pm.

I would suggest you check out the itinerary for the academy you plan to attend. They will have all the specific details there.

When my son and I did the one near Phoenix? We made a week of it. We took a couple days to drive down from Northern Utah. We took a few days driving back. We hit a couple of Badge of Honor trails on the way back. Stopped at the Grand Canyon. Drove through Monument Valley. Timed it perfectly to be in Moab for Easter Jeep Safari. We had an absolute blast! We definitely made some memories on that trip.
That sounds incredible! I would love to do that! I'll have to wait a good 2-3 years though. My Gladiator is on lease. I wasn't 100% convinced on it verse the wrangler and so figured I'd take a 2.5 year lease period to decide while the market stabilizes. So far, I am in love. Performance is stellar. I am loving the lift of my Mojave and have already filled the bed a dozen times. I can't park anywhere without someone complimenting my truck and love the communication with fellow Jeep owners. Meanwhile, I was talking to my husband about the Jeep events and apparently, we have a few local friends that participate in them and other non-official Jeep events. He is going to introduce us after the holidays. Yipee!!

Mojave_Chic

First Name
April
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator - Mojave
Occupation
Entrepreneur
If you'll check the FAQ and Itinerary links posted at their site, it should help clear up any questions you might have. They are in fact 1 day events (at least the Austin/SA one is) and they give a location (and sometimes lodging suggestions in the area).
Thanks! I did pull up the itineraries of events I was interested in, it just wasn't clear if there was any benefit to scheduling more than one day.

OP
OP
darksidedesign

darksidedesign

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave in Gator
Occupation
Graphic Designer / Illustrator
Thanks! I did pull up the itineraries of events I was interested in, it just wasn't clear if there was any benefit to scheduling more than one day.
They do the exact same thing every day at each location.

Sponsored

DukeJeep

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Toyota FJ
Thank you for this thread! I missed it last year even on the waiting list. We’ll be going to Coal Mountains in PA as it was the shortest drive that was still open. I’ll be looking for camping sites or hotels next. If anyone from this forum will be there let me know!

Robtco99

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 wrangler, 01 cherokee
I signed up for the Badlands on Saturday. It's been quite a few years since I've done any wheeling.

Frank...

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 6-speed
Anyone looking at the Catskills, the Delaware River is only 25 miles west. Plenty of great campsites out there, can also get some kayak / rafting in. Fantastic weather in September.