Sponsored

2022 Rubicon wheels/tires into a 2023 Sport S????

mersinery

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Looking to buy some Rubicon take offs and saw a set of 2022 Rubicon wheels with BFGoodrich KO2 285/70/17 tires. Used for about 20k miles. Very interested in making an offer for them and saw that the Rubicon wheels and tires should fit with the Sport S without the max tow package just fine.

My question is, when installed, will the TPMS work or is there anything else I need to do such as bring to the dealer?
Sponsored

Great Offender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S - MT
I did something similar with the exact rims and tires but went back to the stock wheels because I disliked the Rubicon look. Never had a problem with the TPMS. Work was done by the local Discount Tire and they were more than knowledgeable about these things. Much like you I posted questions before the swap. Pick up the phone and call, costs you nothing.

Mav4x4Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Truck Builder
Looking to buy some Rubicon take offs and saw a set of 2022 Rubicon wheels with BFGoodrich KO2 285/70/17 tires. Used for about 20k miles. Very interested in making an offer for them and saw that the Rubicon wheels and tires should fit with the Sport S without the max tow package just fine.

My question is, when installed, will the TPMS work or is there anything else I need to do such as bring to the dealer?
As long as the donor truck and your truck were both made after June 2021, or both before then. They changed the TPMS sensors at that time. If one is before June '21 and one after, you'll need new sensors.

They will fit fine. I have Rubi take-offs on my '22 Max Tow.

MOGLADIATOR

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Sport S, 2008 GMC Sierra
Here's my 23 Sport S with Rubi wheels and the tire is one size taller, 75 series sidewall instead of 70. Even with this tire, it did not rub before it was lifted. TPMS worked great as I checked to make sure they were the newer (June+) style sensors.

Jeep.jpg

PaulPS

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Retired
I put 2022 Rubicon Rims on my sport - no lifted. No rubbing issues. The tire shop took the sensors out of the stock rims and put them in the Rubicon rims and everyting worked flawlessly.

IMG_5982.jpeg

Sponsored

Marob419

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Oil and Gas
I put 2022 Rubicon Rims on my sport - no lifted. No rubbing issues. The tire shop took the sensors out of the stock rims and put them in the Rubicon rims and everyting worked flawlessly.

Jeep Gladiator 2022 Rubicon wheels/tires into a 2023 Sport S???? IMG_5982

My 2021 Rubicon tires and rims are for sale. [email protected]

OP
OP

mersinery

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Will Mojave wheels fit as well or are the pretty much the same as the Rubicons?

ShrimpHappens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Sport S
Will Mojave wheels fit as well or are the pretty much the same as the Rubicons?
Only difference for Mojave wheels is they have slightly less backspacing, meaning they'll stick out towards the fender ever so slightly more. Factory tire size for Mojave is same as Rubi.

Sponsored

OP
OP

mersinery

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Only difference for Mojave wheels is they have slightly less backspacing, meaning they'll stick out towards the fender ever so slightly more. Factory tire size for Mojave is same as Rubi.

Ok cool, I'm guessing there'll be no rubbing issues as well since its the same factor size and it sticks out only slightly?

ShrimpHappens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Sport S
Ok cool, I'm guessing there'll be no rubbing issues as well since its the same factor size and it sticks out only slightly?
For normal on-road driving, I wouldn't expect you to rub, even at full steering lock.

I have Rubi/Mojave size tires on my non-max tow Sport S, and I don't rub.

Bocephus!

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Weld Engineer

Where are you Located? I have Rubi wheels with Falken wildpeak factory tires 33'.