Sponsored

2023 Gladiator Rubicon without plastic molle panel behind driver and passenger seat?

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Tomorrow thing. It is cold and dark and I get scared easily in the dark. I will just clutch my teddy bear tonight when I am sleeping and get through it.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Tomorrow thing. It is cold and dark and I get scared easily in the dark. I will just clutch my teddy bear tonight when I am sleeping and get through it.
In my case, it's the coyotes out there and I am NOT joking. You can hear them and in the morning I can see the tracks in the snow all around my shop and the edges of the yard and something that's larger than most house cats has been leaving tracks in the snow. I'm tempted to take my rifle out with me every time I go out after dark lately.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
In my case, it's the coyotes out there and I am NOT joking. You can hear them and in the morning I can see the tracks in the snow all around my shop and the edges of the yard and something that's larger than most house cats has been leaving tracks in the snow. I'm tempted to take my rifle out with me every time I go out after dark lately.
Yeah, it is foxes and skunks in my area. While my development is somewhat suburban, the lots are large like 1-2 acres and it butts up against a large wooded area. Plus there is no street lights and it is darker than a well diggers ass crack outside at night. Foxes I am not afraid of, it is risk of bumping into a skunk I worry about at night.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Glad17

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-150
Occupation
Industrial Firefighter
Well that’s a bummer. Jeep can’t really blame $5 worth of plastic and straps on a microchip shortage. I wonder what else they have cheaped out on.

kickingaz

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel, 2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Owner - New River Offroad
We have quite a few packs of coyotes in my area, but this month I found a good size mountain lion track in the yard. It jumped our 6 foot wall and roamed around the back for a bit.

I wonder if the panel delete is due to a supply chain issue, like when they would give you a credit for the bed electrical plug or some other option they couldn't build.

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Looking around at 2023's on the lots near me, and it does appear that there are none on the cloth seat models.
Have a 22 jtm that used to be cloth, and it definitely had Molle from the factory. Definitely a MY23 change and definitely bullshit. The nickel and diming on what's already a truck with a premium price is getting ridiculous.

Sponsored

SSinGA

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2018 JLUR, 2016 JKRHR, 2022 MK8 GTI
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cube Monkey
Well that’s a bummer. Jeep can’t really blame $5 worth of plastic and straps on a microchip shortage. I wonder what else they have cheaped out on.
Put some Bartact seatcovers on it to get seatback Molle area.

Still weird as my son has a 2018 JLUR with cloth that has the plastic Molle panel.

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Nothing mentioned about Molle in the 2023 options:

Jeep Gladiator 2023 Gladiator Rubicon without plastic molle panel behind driver and passenger seat? 1674828255187

Also noticed the Tow Package and Aux Switches don't mention an upgraded battery anymore. Wonder if the 700 is standard now?

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
Nothing mentioned about Molle in the 2023 options:

Jeep Gladiator 2023 Gladiator Rubicon without plastic molle panel behind driver and passenger seat? 1674828255187
Not even listed in Standard Features. I notice the seats don't have the Rubicon name on them, either.