Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Retiree
From the MT road test article:
Final Thoughts
Though the 2024 Jeep Gladiator might not be the cheapest midsize truck on the market, the Rubicon model is the stoutest rock crawler of the field and there’s no other pickup out there that begs you to fold down the windscreen and take off the doors and roof. Add to that, the Gladiator Mojave is a uniquely capable, off-road-centric midsize truck with the articulation of a beam axle paired with enough go-fast goodness to satisfy the dirt needs of the masses. Finally, if you just gotta have Jeep’s most recent 4x4 truck, its 7,700-pound tow rating, and 1,725-pound payload, the 2024 Gladiator starts at $39,790.

Mojave2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator
Article wasn’t bad but where did they pull the 0-60 time? 5.8 seconds on the V6. I wish….

IMG_6378.png

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
ally, if you just gotta have Jeep’s most recent 4x4 truck, its 7,700-pound tow rating, and 1,725-pound payload, the 2024 Gladiator starts at $39,790.

I had read that article while sitting waiting for a doctor earlier today.............
The snipped I quoted above from the article is like so many marketing bits and so on - you get those ratings with the very basic, no options at all added, Sport with max tow.
That's a bare-bones Gladiator, and you certainly won't get that with Mojave.

But then - every level is purpose-designed and built. You wanna tow and haul heavy stuff - go for the Sport with max tow.

They were pretty honest in the article, IMO.

SSingh1975

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BMW IX Electric, '23 Diesel Gladiator
Occupation
Live on welfare.
Another main thing that swayed me towards my oil burner is in the mid size segment, the Glady has the MOST rear seat space (I test drove the new gen Tacoma and rear seats are still small and barely can fit 2 adults at the back). When I bought mine home and my teen kids went for a ride, the first thing they said was "dad...its so spacey over here than your old truck (Ford Ranger). Not to mention the amount of interior storage is another biggie on the Glady.

I mean Jeeps exist so they can tow Tacomas stuck in mud ;).

Sponsored

OP
OP
Sweetums

Sweetums

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 LJR, '21 JTDR, '00 VFR800, RSV4, '11 MTS 1200
The rear seat was a major selling point. The Gladiator was the only truck in the class where I (6'4") could set my driver's seat, get out, and still fit in the back.

PuddleJumper

First Name
Cortlund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' JTM, 22' JTR, 22' F56S,
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lockheed Martin ASW Test Technician
Vehicle Showcase
I thought all the front D44 widetrac axles had the 10mm thicker tubes than standard. not just the Mojave.

Alan SOBX

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Another main thing that swayed me towards my oil burner is in the mid size segment, the Glady has the MOST rear seat space (I test drove the new gen Tacoma and rear seats are still small and barely can fit 2 adults at the back). When I bought mine home and my teen kids went for a ride, the first thing they said was "dad...its so spacey over here than your old truck (Ford Ranger). Not to mention the amount of interior storage is another biggie on the Glady.

I mean Jeeps exist so they can tow Tacomas stuck in mud ;).
I was going to get a Jeep anyway. Doors and top off?? Hell yeah!!! But the backseat size is just smart. When I have the top and doors off, I am usually going to do something really fun on the beach and I am generally taking people with me.

Alan SOBX

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Looking at the pictures, I am pretty happy that I pulled the trigger in 2023 (earlier than I planned to buy—the discounts got me). I like my 8.4" screen which leaves room for extra air vents.

While I am talking about the inside, one gripe: the Mojave is trimmed out in orange. Everything is orange. Why is the rear locker still red? Seems a bit lazy and cheap as it is likely because it is the same stamper used for the Rubicon. (I am forgiving the red button on the gear shift since that might be a safety thing). I would love to turn the locker switch cover orange. It looks so out of place.

SoK66

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport (3)
Occupation
Land Tours Manager, Jeep Tour Guide
Jeep had a press day at EJS running Mojaves up the slickrock side of Wipeout Hill. Not really much of a challenge but for press boobs they were probably wowed. They had Nena Barlow as a guide & spotter, so they were in good hands.

Mojave is an interesting package. Add a front locker and disconnect capability of some sort and you’d have the pick of the litter.

Sponsored

Rdkng07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Occupation
Retired
But then - every level is purpose-designed and built. You wanna tow and haul heavy stuff - go for the Sport with max tow.
You want to tow and haul heavy stuff, get a full size truck, especially if you need to carry sheet goods on occasion. I'm looking for a Gladiator to tow my teardrop camper into the bush, keeping my half ton for truck stuff. I see the Sport with max tow and it's better payload as the only option for overlanding.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
You want to tow and haul heavy stuff, get a full size truck, especially if you need to carry sheet goods on occasion. I'm looking for a Gladiator to tow my teardrop camper into the bush, keeping my half ton for truck stuff. I see the Sport with max tow and it's better payload as the only option for overlanding.
Nope - I replaced my full-size Silverado with my Gladiator. The Gladiator does great. I've had absolutely no problems hauling sheet goods or crazy stuff in the back. It tows just fine as well. In fact, it tows my cars around fine while getting better mpg than my Chevy did.
I've hauled more than one load of plywood, even dimensional lumber and more.

Nope, don't want the parking troubles of a big truck, fitting it in the garage, just don't need or want when the JT does it all just fine. I'm a big one for visiting Lowe's, Menards, etc. and coming back with a truck full of goodies.
If it's something like a 16' 2x6, then I have a trailer I could use, but most stuff fits in the JT.

My JT handily hauls my cars - this and a 1982 SX4 - which weighs about 3,300 pounds.

Jeep Gladiator 2024 Gladiator Mojave reviewed in Moab, UT by Motortrend PXL_20230908_123326710
ing it into the

Jeep Gladiator 2024 Gladiator Mojave reviewed in Moab, UT by Motortrend PXL_20240215_231509596

I've posted a couple pictures of plywood I've hauled over the years - some pretty heavy stuff when it's a batch of 3/4" oak plywood.

And a load of iron for scrap -

Jeep Gladiator 2024 Gladiator Mojave reviewed in Moab, UT by Motortrend 20211025_110510_HDR

OP
OP
Sweetums

Sweetums

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 LJR, '21 JTDR, '00 VFR800, RSV4, '11 MTS 1200
Jeep had a press day at EJS running Mojaves up the slickrock side of Wipeout Hill. Not really much of a challenge but for press boobs they were probably wowed. They had Nena Barlow as a guide & spotter, so they were in good hands.

Mojave is an interesting package. Add a front locker and disconnect capability of some sort and you’d have the pick of the litter.
Last year at EJS I was able to drive Rubicon on Baby Lion's Back, which was flooded on the back side. I'd had concerns about how the transmission would behave off road, but that test drive sold me, I bought a Gladiator a few months later.

Rdkng07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Occupation
Retired
The Gladiator does great. I've had absolutely no problems hauling sheet goods or crazy stuff in the back.
Ya I see how to get sheet goods above the wheel wells and I'm not impressed. I did a reno on a part of my mom's house and carried 44 sheets of 1/2 drywall in one shot. She lives 40 minutes from the store. You can't do that with a Gladiator, ever. Sure you can pick up a couple sheets of plywood here or there, and that's handy. But, I don't know that I would want to put a sheet or two of drywall on a couple of 2x4's and a half jacked tail gate for support.
Nope, don't want the parking troubles of a big truck
Looking at the specs, my supercab 6.5 bed is about 13" longer. I park in the city all the time, no issues.

I'm certainly not knocking the Gladiator here, I'm going to by one as soon I find what I want. If that doesn't work, I'll hold my nose and pay for a '24'. But I stand by my earlier comment, if you need to do truck stuff, get a full size truck and use it as intended. My F150 is small, has 50" between the wheel wells, can fully support 4 x 8 sheet goods with the tail gate flat. It also has just over 2000 lbs payload according to the sticker in the door jamb. I think we can all agree they're different vehicles for different use cases.
Sponsored