Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
How much does it weight?
TFL Truck youtube channel has a pretty good video on it. What is shown is the concept vehicle with almost no specs other that built on a 800 Volt battery architecture. Ram is suppose to show off what the actual production version will look like later this year and release specs then.

If I was to speculate based off of the size shown and knowing the current GM Hummer EV comes in around 9000 lbs, I would speculate the RAM production versions will probably run in the 7000 lbs to 8000 lbs range.

Sponsored

WoolyKris

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Engineer
Calm down folks this is only a concept of what they envision will trickle down to Ram brand in coming years, aka more than half of this stuff will not make into production… I would say the only safe bet is that they are working on an EV 😂

RJinPV

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Rubicon, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired
TFL Truck youtube channel has a pretty good video on it.
Thanks for the tip on the TFL video. Andre's reactions to the truck makes it all worthwhile.

RJinPV

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Rubicon, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired
I like it. I like the cab forward thinking, the body on frame, and quick charging. A lot of the interior designs look like they tried to start fresh. Downside is all the wow factor features. Who needs retractable tow hooks? Too many motorized gadgets mean's higher cost and more things to break. Most of those things will likely get dropped from the production model. The one thing I fear they will not drop is the Tesla Model 3 esque dashboard design where there is no driver's instrument cluster. I really hate that layout.

Sponsored

Kirk*Mojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Jeep Mojave/toyota camry
If it is to complete with the hummer it's going to be outta most people's budget anyway. I personally have no interest in a ev truck

The Duck of Earl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In flux
Some cool concept features, but largely vaporware.

Even then, looking past the bombastic concept eye candy and over the top luxury, I could get behind the expanded Ramboxes, Midgate, 3rd row jump seats, and frunk with pass through. Tons of utility which is only possible on a skateboard EV platform - sadly.

Still think we need solid state batteries for this thing to make sense - so maybe I'll consider something like it 10-12 years from now.

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Sting Gray Sport S
Occupation
Software Engineer
I thought I read something about these having a third row? Some flip down/up tiny third row space an adult would never fit. Is this true?

The Duck of Earl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In flux
I thought I read something about these having a third row? Some flip down/up tiny third row space an adult would never fit. Is this true?
What more would you be expecting from a truck with a full-sized bed?

They seem plenty fine to work in a pinch, which is all they would be for. If you want a full-sized SUV-size 3rd row, then you would not be looking at a truck - otherwise the thing would be as long as a limo...
Sponsored