First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
Add 20k to those if you really want to drive it in 2024 otherwise enjoy waiting till 2026 and your right jeep gladiator has what one recall for the manuals and the bronco is sitting at a total of 8….definitely not more reliable
Adding $20k is speculation. We don't know what the market will be like when these hit the lots.

They were adding $20k to some Fords because that is what people were willing to pay for them. Jeeps had ADM too.

Recalls do not determine reliability. Lots of common problems never get recalled.

As for the number of Gladiator recalls, there are 6 listed here:

https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle/2020/JEEP/GLADIATOR/PU%252FCC/4WD

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
Not even talking market adjustment…it’s not like the initial units are going to be $56K base models. I’d be shocked if any hit lots under $65K. Again…not even talking market adjustment.

Cansberry

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport
Occupation
Professional Crayon Eater
If anyone pays over sticker for any vehicle, that's dumb. I was able to order my JT and pay below sticker. It takes some finagling, but car dealers aren't supermarkets. You don't have to take their price. Went to snoop around the Maverick at a Ford lot recently. Horrible salesman, insulting me the entire way. Tried claiming a used XLT Maverick cost $38k. If that's the Ford dealer standard, it won't matter how attractive Ford's offerings are.

On the flip side, the 3 Jeep dealers I've done business with have given me no issues.

whiskeyxr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jlxr
Not ugly but does not move the needle for me much. Think the 2024 Colorado and Tacoma have better styling.

I see Ford has also abandoned the one engine choice for all models they have with the current Ranger.
speaking of engine choice... friend that works for Ram told me this Friday is the last day to order a Ram with a v8. He had no further information.Just wanted to pass it on

Sponsored

Summitsearcher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Not ugly but does not move the needle for me much. Think the 2024 Colorado and Tacoma have better styling.

I see Ford has also abandoned the one engine choice for all models they have with the current Ranger.
My neighbor just bought the Colorado Z71 now sitting in his driveway. Pretty well equipped for 41k MSRP.

Jteakus

First Name
Teakus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD, 2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
The blue Colorado in the television commercials looks pretty sweet but that IFS front end though.

tastetickles

First Name
Yik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JT
Occupation
IT guy
This is what I crossed shop against the JT, in the end got the JT because I was unsure of the 10 speed auto in the Ford.

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.overlandvehicledynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
1991 JEEP YJ, 2021 JTR Ecodiesel
Occupation
Specialty Off Road Shop Owner
Ya, no way around the IFS argument.

People always seem to ask me why I didn't buy a Taco........I just smile and say "Toyota makes a great truck BUT, it's IFS that doesn't allow the travel or tire size I desire for our use, and also they didn't offer a diesel option so that I can climb the hills towing my RV at the speed limit".

I make good money re-gearing Tacos and replacing CV axles becuse the boots torn due to the angle caused by the lifts.

NVM that I hate the Toyota seating position all the way since the 70's, the look, and the autos need a gear job out of the box even with stock tires?

The Ranger or Bronco I might consider for the wife as a different genre of vehicle use. Better daily driver and possibly better on gravel roads? Maybe even the Chevy?

Sponsored

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
If anyone pays over sticker for any vehicle, that's dumb. I was able to order my JT and pay below sticker. It takes some finagling, but car dealers aren't supermarkets. You don't have to take their price. Went to snoop around the Maverick at a Ford lot recently. Horrible salesman, insulting me the entire way. Tried claiming a used XLT Maverick cost $38k. If that's the Ford dealer standard, it won't matter how attractive Ford's offerings are.

On the flip side, the 3 Jeep dealers I've done business with have given me no issues.
Dealers are independent and every other salesperson knows less than most of us. Its pretty easy to find dumb Jeep salesperson stories here or anywhere Jeep owners are talking.

Doesn't matter much anyways because vehicles will sell no matter what. Smart buyers know what they want without a sales pitch and dumb buyers will buy whatever they're sold.

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado 1500 Custom/Jeep Grand Cherokee L
Occupation
Retired for now!
Dealers are independent and every other salesperson knows less than most of us. Its pretty easy to find dumb Jeep salesperson stories here or anywhere Jeep owners are talking.

Doesn't matter much anyways because vehicles will sell no matter what. Smart buyers know what they want without a sales pitch and dumb buyers will buy whatever they're sold.
Something else Ryan, I had a 22 Ranger Tremor with 0 problems. And we have a dealer in Mt Juliet, TN that sells ALL new Fords below MSRP, including Broncos! And there are other Ford dealers that will do the same if you order the vehicle, rather than buy off the lot. My daughter has a Full sized Bronco that she bought from a local dealer for MSRP. I was with her and my son in law and I told the sales manager we would walk if it was any more than MSRP. They let us have it for that. The only thing that concerns me is some of the 10R80 10 speed transmissions are having some difficulties. No vehicle is perfect though. I think the new Rangers will sell very well.

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
Something else Ryan, I had a 22 Ranger Tremor with 0 problems. And we have a dealer in Mt Juliet, TN that sells ALL new Fords below MSRP, including Broncos! And there are other Ford dealers that will do the same if you order the vehicle, rather than buy off the lot. My daughter has a Full sized Bronco that she bought from a local dealer for MSRP. I was with her and my son in law and I told the sales manager we would walk if it was any more than MSRP. They let us have it for that. The only thing that concerns me is some of the 10R80 10 speed transmissions are having some difficulties. No vehicle is perfect though. I think the new Rangers will sell very well.
I have a 10 speed F150 with a 5.0. I bought it new and it has about 50k miles on it now. I like the 10 speed. It can be a little clunky when you’re driving it easy, but it’s great when you need to step on it.

But as you said, no vehicle is perfect. My F150 got a new motor at 27k miles. And my Gladiator got a new 8 spd auto at 22k miles. The 5.0 Ford and the Jeep 8 spd auto are both typically reliable, but I guess I found a few exceptions.