21 Gladiator Rubicon with 33s - lift?

BigAwesome

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Hi all new to forum. I just got a 21 Gladiator Rubicon with 33” tires factory. I’m wanting to do a mild (3-3.5” lift). Not sure I want to change my tires at the moment but want it a little higher. Anyone have any pics of a 3-3.5” lift with 33 tires? I wanna see if the gap would be too much. If it looks too gappy then I’d probaby go with 35s.
Sponsored

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
2.5" Clayton with 35s below.

I think any more lift with any less tire would make the tires look pretty small.

Jeep Gladiator 21 Gladiator Rubicon with 33s - lift? Gladiator side profile

OP
OP

BigAwesome

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.5" Clayton with 35s below.

I think any more lift with any less tire would make the tires look pretty small.

Jeep Gladiator 21 Gladiator Rubicon with 33s - lift? Gladiator side profile
That looks good. Is Clayton lift comparable with stock ride? I’m new to lifting vehicles. I’m reading forums now but want to keep factory ride as much as possible. Off road if would be riding through mud puddles in FL. No crazy rock adventures.

Fkinz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 LE Gladiator
Occupation
Engineer
That looks good. Is Clayton lift comparable with stock ride? I’m new to lifting vehicles. I’m reading forums now but want to keep factory ride as much as possible. Off road if would be riding through mud puddles in FL. No crazy rock adventures.
OP keep in mind that pic doesn't look like it has Rubicon flares, so it will look slightly different.

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
It's close to stock ride.

I'm running Bilstein 5100 shocks which are a little on the stiffer side. Certainly not the greatest shocks, they were what I could get and I had them before and was ok with them.
OP keep in mind that pic doesn't look like it has Rubicon flares, so it will look slightly different.
Thanks, you are correct, I do not have Rubi flares.

Sponsored

Painkillerspe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
3 to 3.5 would need the brake lines extended. I for one like the Clayton 2.5 kits and will be getting one of those once I save enough.

OP
OP

BigAwesome

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 to 3.5 would need the brake lines extended. I for one like the Clayton 2.5 kits and will be getting one of those once I save enough.
Good to know. Didn’t realize that and my shop didn’t tell me. Odd. Thanks for the info!

Longleaf

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE, 2018 Desert Sled
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
My opinion -not even worth 2 cents- that's a lot of lift for 33s. Here's mine with 2" (mopar) lift on 315s. I plan to go to 37s when I need new tires to gain a little more ground clearance and fill in the wheel wells a little more.

Mopar Lift.jpg

Painkillerspe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Good to know. Didn’t realize that and my shop didn’t tell me. Odd. Thanks for the info!
You should also be getting adjustable track bars for both front and rear along with new upper and lower control arms. The size of lift you are looking at will change a lot of the vehicles characteristics.

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
The Clayton 2.5 is about 3.25 in the front and 3 in the rear. 33s are going to look really small on a rubi with that much lift. Here is mine on 37s.

I'll also mention, dont worry too much about needing extended brake lines, other than the cost, changing them was really easy and the gladiator is a breeze to bleed brakes in as you just have to press and hold the pedal and the pump just keeps going until it detects the back pressure. Literally took less than 15 minutes to do all corners with someone to hit the brakes for me.

Jeep Gladiator 21 Gladiator Rubicon with 33s - lift? PXL_20210830_183938337

Sponsored

Dlpfish

First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Granite Rubicon JT, 2010 Kia Forte Coupe
How does the Clayton ride, and what’s your overall height if you don’t mind me asking. I love the stance on your JT.

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
What others have said. 35's will fill up your flares very well without a lift. Anything more and even 35's start to look small.

The Clayton 2.5 is about 3.25 in the front and 3 in the rear. 33s are going to look really small on a rubi with that much lift. Here is mine on 37s.

I'll also mention, dont worry too much about needing extended brake lines, other than the cost, changing them was really easy and the gladiator is a breeze to bleed brakes in as you just have to press and hold the pedal and the pump just keeps going until it detects the back pressure. Literally took less than 15 minutes to do all corners with someone to hit the brakes for me.

PXL_20210830_183938337.jpg
I love your wheels there, are those black rhino wheels? I thought I wanted bronze but I see myself going for a more "OEM" looking wheels and these gray wheels look like just the perfect amount of personalization with a hint of 'do those come like that'? Very clean!

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
What others have said. 35's will fill up your flares very well without a lift. Anything more and even 35's start to look small.

I love your wheels there, are those black rhino wheels? I thought I wanted bronze but I see myself going for a more "OEM" looking wheels and these gray wheels look like just the perfect amount of personalization with a hint of 'do those come like that'? Very clean!
They are actually the warn jackhammers. I looked at the rhinos but I liked the gun metal better and they were 27 pounds a corner instead of 33-36 for the rhinos I was looking at. Not to mention I got all 4 for 900 bucks on Amazon.

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
How does the Clayton ride, and what’s your overall height if you don’t mind me asking. I love the stance on your JT.
Overall height is around 76-78 my garage is only 80 inches tall and it still gets in and out fine.

The Clayton rides firmer for sure. You feel a little bit more of the road, but you have less body roll and the overall dampening is still better, especially on the bigger hits. I no longer bottom out and just overall have a more composed ride.
Sponsored