Sponsored

25k Gladiator orders already received confirms Manley!

JAY

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
On a first quarter earnings conference call today, FCA CEO Mike Manley confirmed that approximately 25,000 orders have been placed for the Gladiator, one of the quickest order ramp-ups Manley can remember. He also said that FCA is counting on a boost from the Gladiator and Ram HD to increase operating profits.

You can hear Manley speaking at 1:30 of this video clip:

https://www.autonews.com/video/autonews-now-fca-counting-gladiator-ram-hd-profit-pickup
Sponsored

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
On a first quarter earnings conference call today, FCA CEO Mike Manley confirmed that approximately 25,000 orders have been placed for the Gladiator, one of the quickest order ramp-ups Manley can remember. He also said that FCA is counting on a boost from the Gladiator and Ram HD to increase operating profits.

You can hear Manley speaking at 1:30 of this video clip:

https://www.autonews.com/video/autonews-now-fca-counting-gladiator-ram-hd-profit-pickup
Suck it Taco, Ranger and Colorado fanboys. Not saying this will last forever, but for a product launch, this is a monumental sales success. Good news for the rest of us who are waiting patiently for our orders. The aftermarket will be huge and factory support on the platform means we will be donating more hard earned cash to FCA down the road.

Congrats Jeep, another raging success.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
25,000? Wow! I assume that includes dealer orders as well? I know we mentioned it awhile back, but can someone remind me how many are coming off the line a day again?

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
25,000? Wow! I assume that includes dealer orders as well? I know we mentioned it awhile back, but can someone remind me how many are coming off the line a day again?
It's gotta be. Maybe even pre-spec orders. I mean, it took them a week just to sort out the 4190 LE orders. Normal order banks have only been open a week and can't see them being able to handle 21k normal custom orders in a week (~5x LE orders) after the LE debacle.

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
I recall seeing something around the 1K a day number

Sponsored

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
It's gotta be. Maybe even pre-spec orders. I mean, it took them a week just to sort out the 4190 LE orders. Normal order banks have only been open a week and can't see them being able to handle 21k normal custom orders in a week (~5x LE orders) after the LE debacle.
The dealers were able to get our LE orders in easy enough it was the concierge that screwed the pooch. The overall ordering system seems to be working just fine. I am sure that a lot of that 25k orders is pent up demand and it will cool off after a few months to a year. A few days ago I used the search tool on the Jeep website and there are still 162 2018 Wranglers within a 25 mile radius of my zip code. As far as the JL goes the bloom is off the rose. I think a lot more of us just sat tight and waited them out on the Gladiator rather than settling for a Wrangler and they made a few too many of them.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
The dealers were able to get our LE orders in easy enough it was the concierge that screwed the pooch. The overall ordering system seems to be working just fine. I am sure that a lot of that 25k orders is pent up demand and it will cool off after a few months to a year. A few days ago I used the search tool on the Jeep website and there are still 162 2018 Wranglers within a 25 mile radius of my zip code. As far as the JL goes the bloom is off the rose. I think a lot more of us just sat tight and waited them out on the Gladiator rather than settling for a Wrangler and they made a few too many of them.
Jeep sold 22k wranglers in April 2019...where in that has the bloom fallen? Last year the JL was being sold along side the JK and combined they sold 29k so don't believe the BS.

Camper

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE (on order)
This is from an articale last year...

"Details on the Wrangler pickup are scarce. Jeep hasn't said anything, so most of what we know comes from various spy shots. Basically, expect a JL Wrangler Unlimited with a bed. That's a good thing. We were quite smitten with the Wrangler when we drove it late last year. It's better equipped and more refined than ever. The Toledo plant has a capacity of about 300,000 units a year. FCA CEO Sergio Marchionne expects about 100,000 Wrangler pickups to be sold each year."

If they were planning on producing 100,000 per year, capacity could be 300 or less per day.

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
2.5 min per gladiator was their current run rate a week or so ago.

Sponsored

Camper

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE (on order)
Capacity of 100,000 Gladiators per year.

"As the Fiat Chrysler manufacturing plan now stands, the Jeep pickup will use all available space in the body-shop portion of the plant, effectively limiting capacity to about 100,000 units annually or what analysts expect the company to sell. That same plant was able to build 244,000 vehicles in 2017, the last year that the previous-generation Wrangler was made there. But the Jeep mid-sized pickup has a different manufacturing configuration that requires the truck beds and cabs to be built separately, cutting by more than half the production capacity that the plant had obtained."

https://www.toledoblade.com/busines...p-toledo-assembly-complex/stories/20180923047

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Jeep sold 22k wranglers in April 2019...where in that has the bloom fallen? Last year the JL was being sold along side the JK and combined they sold 29k so don't believe the BS.
I am not hearing BS I am forming my own opinion based on what I can see. I just went back to Jeep.com and did a 50 mile radius search 2018 Wrangler Unlimited and there are 318 2018 models and 330 2019 models. Over 600 Wrangler Unlimited within a 50 mile radius of a city like Nashville, TN is a sure sign that sales have slowed. When does jeep consider the unit sold? When it leaves the factory or when it rolls off the lot? Of course it is the factory so it takes a while for sluggish retail sales to translate into fewer factory orders since the dealerships are always having to plan months ahead.
Sponsored