3.5-4 Inch lift for Sport S

B-Lanch

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Hey Everyone, I am looking to get a 3.5-4 Inch lift kit for my JT and wanted to reach out to see if anyone had any recommendations for lift kit brands? I am fairly new to the jeep community and so far I've just been told not to go with RC but that's about it. Thanks in advance for any help
Sponsored

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Why No on RC? Ohhh wait Rock Crawler? Or Rough Country? Diesel or Gasser?

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
Hey Everyone, I am looking to get a 3.5-4 Inch lift kit for my JT and wanted to reach out to see if anyone had any recommendations for lift kit brands? I am fairly new to the jeep community and so far I've just been told not to go with RC but that's about it. Thanks in advance for any help
Are you looking for 3.5-4 inches of lift compared to a sport or a rubicon? Most people will steer you towards clayton or evo for the gladiator. If you are going to haul/tow i'd look at clayton as I believe their springs are the stoutest.

I went with a clayton 2.5 which was really more like nearly 3 inches off a rubicon and would be almost 4 inches off a sport and the initial ride quality was a bit stiff, but once things broke in they rode nice and gave me good flex. I also carried 1200 pounds of pavers in the back no issues and no crazy sag either. Was well off the bump stops.

Mavrikk

First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
Depends on your budget and needs. Check out these companies
Evo Mfg Enforcer
Synergy Mfg
Teraflex
Rock Krawler

Panthers65

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Occupation
Account Manager
3.5-4" is right at the point where you need a "Complete" kit. Upper and Lower Control arms or drop brackets and a track bar in the front. Plenty of Rubber/johnny joint based kits out there depending if you are gearing it more towards road travel or towards crawling/off roading.

Sponsored

OP
OP

B-Lanch

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Are you looking for 3.5-4 inches of lift compared to a sport or a rubicon? Most people will steer you towards clayton or evo for the gladiator. If you are going to haul/tow i'd look at clayton as I believe their springs are the stoutest.

I went with a clayton 2.5 which was really more like nearly 3 inches off a rubicon and would be almost 4 inches off a sport and the initial ride quality was a bit stiff, but once things broke in they rode nice and gave me good flex. I also carried 1200 pounds of pavers in the back no issues and no crazy sag either. Was well off the bump stops.
Its a Sport model, I'll have to check clayton out as I'll be towing some toys (dirt bikes and atv's) Thanks

trailless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
I had the EVO MFG enforcer kit on my JK for over 60k miles before I sold the jeep. After numerous wheeling trips and daily driving, the kit had no issues at all. I honestly didn't even grease the johnny joints on the control arms after the first 15k miles...

So I'm dead set on going with the EVO kit and I'm heavily leaning towards the 4.5" EVO enforcer overland Stage 4 kit with fox shocks. I might go with just the 2.5" overland stage 2 plus kit. But I'm heavily leaning towards the 4.5" kit so I can just do it once and be done with it.

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
Its a Sport model, I'll have to check clayton out as I'll be towing some toys (dirt bikes and atv's) Thanks
Right but the sport is 1 inch lower than a Rubicon and the coil spring kits are all based off a Rubicon so you need to add at least 1 inch to the stated height to get what the sports lift will be. Even the Mopar kit is over 3 inches on a sport.

Sponsored

Maximus JT

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Occupation
General Manager - Insulation Distribution
I just had a JKS JVenture 3" Kit put on my Sport S. It does say on their website that it will add 3.5" to a Sport model. I had that kit and 37" Mickey's put on and went from the following measurements:

Front (to lip on Max Tow fender) 36" to 43"
Rear (to lip on Max Tow fender) 38" to 43 3/4"

It fits the 37's great with enough space for flex. Kit was put in on Monday so it is still settling and I will be re-measuring in another 2 weeks after it settles completely. I also had Front and Rear adjustable track bars, and front lower adjustable control arms installed, along with a SteerSmarts Sector Shaft Brace (made a world of difference)

OP
OP

B-Lanch

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Right but the sport is 1 inch lower than a Rubicon and the coil spring kits are all based off a Rubicon so you need to add at least 1 inch to the stated height to get what the sports lift will be. Even the Mopar kit is over 3 inches on a sport.
Alright good to know, thank you

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
Clayton 2.5" Ride Right is a good buy for the money. This is what I did on mine.

They also have a 3.5" Ride Right if you think the 2.5" will not be tall enough for you.

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link

RickssGlad

First Name
richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator 2021
Foreals?? So a 2.5 in would really be 3.5 on a sport?
Sponsored