Sponsored

3" Lift and 38s!!!! And went rock crawling!

TJ Mitchell Films

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.YouTube.com
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubicon JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Welder
I finally got my Gladiator lifted and on 38" tires! I took it rock crawling right away. Stay tuned that wheeling video is coming soon! So stoked on how it performed. Details in this video.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TJ Mitchell Films

TJ Mitchell Films

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.YouTube.com
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubicon JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Welder
Save yourselves a click there’s not 1 second of wheeling footage in the entire video
Yes there is... the full video is coming soon but there is definitely rock crawling footage. Did you even watch it?

BrandRezake

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Controls Engineer/Entertainment Program Manager
I finally got my Gladiator lifted and on 38" tires! I took it rock crawling right away. Stay tuned that wheeling video is coming soon! So stoked on how it performed. Details in this video.

Thank you for the break down of the lift. I like the extensive walk through. Man, for only a 3 inch lift, it looked pretty high. Especially when your arm was resting on the top of the bed above the fender. The Fabtech 3 inch lift looks lower ad like 37s would rub.

Did you happen to disconnect your sways on the trail?

Seriously, I really enjoyed the video.

Tourenwagen

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Thank you for the break down of the lift. I like the extensive walk through. Man, for only a 3 inch lift, it looked pretty high. Especially when your arm was resting on the top of the bed above the fender. The Fabtech 3 inch lift looks lower ad like 37s would rub.

I agree, it looks super high! Thanks for the details on the lift and what is still coming :rock:

Sponsored

OP
OP
TJ Mitchell Films

TJ Mitchell Films

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.YouTube.com
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubicon JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Welder

They measured it out before and after and said it was exactly 3.31” of lift. Going to 38s also made it sit about 3” higher just from the tire size.

Yes when I was running the trail I had the front sway bar disconnected. I’m trying to get the full video out ASAP but it’s a lot of footage to go through. Hopefully soon! Thanks for your support I appreciate it.

I agree, it looks super high! Thanks for the details on the lift and what is still coming :rock:
Any time! It does look high I agree, Synergy knows their stuff that’s for sure.

OP
OP
TJ Mitchell Films

TJ Mitchell Films

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.YouTube.com
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubicon JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Welder
How’s the ride with the new lift/tires on the road?
Shes lookin hot, I don’t like to be teased...
The on road ride is great, it feels just like stock. It steers great as well. I assumed it would ride a bit rougher but that has not been the case. Also having the 38s is nice because now most of the potholes in the road you barely feel.

I’m aiming to have the full trip video out tomorrow or Thursday.

DocMcStuffins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
The on road ride is great, it feels just like stock. It steers great as well. I assumed it would ride a bit rougher but that has not been the case. Also having the 38s is nice because now most of the potholes in the road you barely feel.

I’m aiming to have the full trip video out tomorrow or Thursday.
How's the long-term review with 38's? Any axle work/gussets done? Gears? What are you doing for a spare? Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
TJ Mitchell Films

TJ Mitchell Films

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.YouTube.com
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubicon JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Welder
How's the long-term review with 38's? Any axle work/gussets done? Gears? What are you doing for a spare? Thanks in advance.
Everything has been holding up great. I have been through the Rubicon and a few trails at Moab with no issues. I did add an Artec truss that you can see in this video

Gears are completely stock. Will be going to 5.13s eventually but mileage hasn’t been bad if you drive slow.

I have been carrying my spare in the bed or on my bed rack. I’m thinking about doing a swing out tire carrier to gain that space back eventually.
Sponsored