Sergio97

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Hello everyone,

I have a Gladiator Sport with the 3.73 axel ratio. I have been planning on buying 35s to be installed with the 2 inch mopar lift. Although, the fact that I just got the JT recently makes me not want to regear and go through all of the warranty stuff so quickly after purchasing. Ideally, I would like to regear and do all of that when the factory warranty ends so I can take advantage and not have any issues with the warranty while I have it for the full duration of time. With that being said, I have recently began thinking about just settling for 33s for now and waiting to move into 35s later down the road. Through my research, I have found that it is technically not necessary to regear 3.73 with 35s but will help greatly. My question now is do I need to regear for 33s? Of course, need is a very subjective word and everyone has different needs. But I am wondering if I can drive the JT and it will be sustainable and healthy (transmission, other components) driving on 33s. If I can settle for holding off on the regear and enjoy 33s for now, I would love to do so. Please let me know your thoughts! Thank you everyone.

Sergio
Sponsored

anavrinIV

First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazdaspeed3, 1956 F100
Occupation
Engineer
33s should be fine. For reference the Overlands come with ~32" tires from the factory on 3.73 gears

On flat land without a lot of hardcore offroading you can probably manage 35s but may not enjoy it much, really depends on your expectations and how and where you drive

OP
OP
Sergio97

Sergio97

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
33s should be fine. For reference the Overlands come with ~32" tires from the factory on 3.73 gears

On flat land without a lot of hardcore offroading you can probably manage 35s but may not enjoy it much, really depends on your expectations and how and where you drive
That makes sense. The more I think about it, the more 33s seem to just make sense for me right now. Thank you for your insight!

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
3.73s with 35s are fine. You’ll lose the use of 8th gear for the most part, but it is what it is. That’s the only downside I have noticed. Just do it and regear later if you feel it is necessary. No need to buy tires twice or put off 35s when you know you reallllly want them now. :LOL:

John Jeep 67

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willy's, 2010 JKU
Whoa. Pretty short thread. Is there another I should go to?

John Jeep 67

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willy's, 2010 JKU
That makes sense. The more I think about it, the more 33s seem to just make sense for me right now. Thank you for your insight!
Hey, Sergio. I'm in the same boat as you. How are the 3.73's with 33's working out for you?
Sponsored