35” Nitto tires for Gladiator Overland

PaulDamonLin

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland Manual
Hi all. I’m a first time Jeep owner, just picked up a Gladiator Overland. I’m doing the Mopar 2” lift and want to put 35s on the stock 18” wheels. I’m having such a hard time finding the right tire/size.

I think I want the Nitto Terra Grappper g2 but can’t find it in the right size. I want a slimmer look, so I think I want the 35x11.50, but don’t know what the other numbers mean What does 35x11R20LT mean? Does the 20 mean 20”rims? Why are there different formats for tire sizes? I can’t figure out how to convert what I think I’m looking for, Nitto Terra Grappler g2 in a 35x11.50R18, to the other format, i.e. 275/60R20

Can anyone recommend a similar, somewhat narrow tire for stock 18” overland wheels?

Thank you!!
Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
35x11.50-18 is the old fashioned sizing method. 285/75-18 would be the equivalent metric sizing. Somewhere along the way, tire companies started using the metric sizing more often. I have no idea why.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
35x11.50-18 is the old fashioned sizing method. 285/75-18 would be the equivalent metric sizing. Somewhere along the way, tire companies started using the metric sizing more often. I have no idea why.
Could it because America is weird in sticking with the old ways, we live in a global market world now and the rest of the world is metric, and so many tires are MADE outside of the USA and so many auto companies are based outside of the USA and why should we force our standards on others? LOL
I worked for a multi-national company - if you want to sell in Europe, you follow their rules or your product doesn't get in.

Jdyowa

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
Manager

Hi all. I’m a first time Jeep owner, just picked up a Gladiator Overland. I’m doing the Mopar 2” lift and want to put 35s on the stock 18” wheels. I’m having such a hard time finding the right tire/size.

I think I want the Nitto Terra Grappper g2 but can’t find it in the right size. I want a slimmer look, so I think I want the 35x11.50, but don’t know what the other numbers mean What does 35x11R20LT mean? Does the 20 mean 20”rims? Why are there different formats for tire sizes? I can’t figure out how to convert what I think I’m looking for, Nitto Terra Grappler g2 in a 35x11.50R18, to the other format, i.e. 275/60R20

Can anyone recommend a similar, somewhat narrow tire for stock 18” overland wheels?

Thank you!![/QUOTE

Thank you!!
I got my gladiator last saturday night. I upgraded my tires on monday to ridge grappler. 285/75r18. They supposedly measure 35 tall but on the vehicle they co.e out to a perfect 33.5. Of course 33's come out to 31 and so forth. They look aggressive for all terrain. My rubicon that I traded in on saturday had the Nitto MTA's and they were decent. These are better on road

OP
OP

PaulDamonLin

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got my gladiator last saturday night. I upgraded my tires on monday to ridge grappler. 285/75r18. They supposedly measure 35 tall but on the vehicle they co.e out to a perfect 33.5. Of course 33's come out to 31 and so forth. They look aggressive for all terrain. My rubicon that I traded in on saturday had the Nitto MTA's and they were decent. These are better on road
Thanks guys!

Sponsored

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I tried 34" tires on my Overland, no lift, they were fairly tight.
We agreed they cleared, but weren't sure about rough roads and suspension travel.

tysongladiator

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
My dealer had American Racing 18"x9" wheels and 295/75-18 Mastercraft Courser MXT tires installed before I bought it. All of the calculators say they are the equivalent to a 34.3 tire. With the stock lift there was no rub at all. I installed the Mopar 2". I also installed Rubicon Express sway bar disconnects. I take it offroad a couple times per month and whenever I find a dirt road that might lead somewhere interesting. It rides good and handles the trails good with no rubbing issues at all. Maybe you could try that size and see how it would work for you. I would like to go to 35"s, but I really don't see a need because of ride comfort with the size I have now and still being able to perform off road.

1 (2).jpg

1 (3).jpg

1 (1).jpg

noodles

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator - Overland
My dealer had American Racing 18"x9" wheels and 295/75-18 Mastercraft Courser MXT tires installed before I bought it. All of the calculators say they are the equivalent to a 34.3 tire. With the stock lift there was no rub at all. I installed the Mopar 2". I also installed Rubicon Express sway bar disconnects. I take it offroad a couple times per month and whenever I find a dirt road that might lead somewhere interesting. It rides good and handles the trails good with no rubbing issues at all. Maybe you could try that size and see how it would work for you. I would like to go to 35"s, but I really don't see a need because of ride comfort with the size I have now and still being able to perform off road.

1 (2).jpg

1 (3).jpg

1 (1).jpg
What front bumper is this ? I love what you've done, looks nice and clean!

tysongladiator

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
What front bumper is this ? I love what you've done, looks nice and clean!
The bumper is from Amazon brother. Lol! I thought I would actually have problems winching but it's ben good to me so far. Had a smittybilt but it was so heavy, my front end had a rake to it. I think rugged ridge has a really strong aluminum one out now. But, this one is looking good and working good for now. Loving it!

OP
OP

PaulDamonLin

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)