First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired
I have a 2021 stock Jeep Gladiator Mojave and I am looking to put 35” tires on it, but I am unsure if the tire labeling in order to search for these tires. Can anyone help. I have the stock Falken Wildpeak M/T LT 285 70R 17 116/113Q and I don’t want to change anything except hanging them to the 35” equivalent.
Sponsored

dmwphoto

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired
just look at the Extreme recon optional tire size it is 35

Trollboogie

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2021 Mojave
Occupation
Machinist
Oh, I have a load rating of E on my Mojave so it is 121/118S on BFG KO2. My wife's Wrangler has C rated. It is 113/110T. FYI....my E rated tires are more stable on the highway than her's.

LostMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 17 Assault, 99 S10
You’d be looking for a 315/70R/17 (Tread width/aspect ratio [sidewall height expressed as a percent of tread width]/wheel diameter) or a 35x12.50x17 (height, width, wheel diameter). Those would most likely be your most common easiest to find sizes. Also the R means radial, majority of tires and any you’d find at a shop will be. I won’t get into bias plys
You can also get widths of 11.50 (Nitto trail grappler for example) or 10.50(such as the forum popular Kenda klever) if you prefer or want a narrower tire. Others have gotten close to a 35 with such sizes as 295/75/17 I think. There are online calculators that do all the math for you
LT is light truck, I’d stick with that, P rated tires (passenger) is more geared towards cars and generally not as tough
Lettered load rating as antiquated of a system as it is can help give an idea of ride quality. A C rated tire should ride better than a D which should ride better than E. The letters used to mean number of plies (6, 8, 10) but modern technology has allowed fewer layers of improved materials to carry the same or more weight
E rated tires are stiffer and MAY handle better but you will feel more bumps and be heavier than a C or D which would affect performance. I think they’re overkill for they are popular, you can formulate your own opinion.
When the time comes for tires I’ll be going with a C rated 35, or a D rating at the most and options are limited but there options. You can get an E rated 35 very easily as everyone with a half ton and up truck slaps them on first chance they get
116/113Q is the load and speed rating, you they correspond to a specific value both in load and maximum speed. Most tires at these sizes max out at 160kph/100mph which is why Jeeps max out at 157kph/97mph. There are charts online stating each value. Don’t be too concerned as I think youd have a hard time finding an inferior rating but it’s easy to check and save a screenshot on your phone if need be. This is the load rating you’d want to pay attention to
And yes, I have spent too much time on tires
Trollboogie’s tires would be more stable but also a gladiator is more stable than a wrangler due to the wheel base which I would guess has a larger effect than tire choice but that’s speculation. My c rated 33“ MTs handle great, same that you have
It seems like a lot and there is a little more to tires but it’s all quite simple once you understand it. There’s a wealth of information on this forum and even more online in general

Sponsored

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I have no lift and 35x12.5x17 BFGs…love
It.

Sponsored

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
It's an older picture, but what I had readily available. 315/70r17s at +6.
teeniest, tiniest bit of fender liner rub at full articulation while sway bars are disconnected, but a quote i've heard from a user here that was attributed to one of the MORR crew: "if you're not rubbing at least a little bit, you coulda fit bigger tires"

20220625_123542.jpg

Green_Gladiator

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 22 NX350 F-Sport
Occupation
Commercial HVAC
I couldn’t be happier with these, Mickey Thompson Baja legend Exp. 35x12.5x17 @ 64lbs. The wild peaks made a lot of noise and rumbled as I came to a stop. These are the same weight, bigger tires, more capabilities, less noise. Leveled @ 1.5.
Jeep Gladiator 35” tires on a Gladiator Mojave 3ACBC92E-C4DF-4B70-8027-F327DE2293D6

jay21mojave

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Gladiator 2013 JKU Sport '09 Patriot
Occupation
Sales Acct Mgr - OEM Wholesale DLR Group
Toyo 35x11.50x17s on American Racing Legends ATX.. NO LIFT !

Mojave on 35s.jpg
Sponsored