35s on sport with no lift

joemussari

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Ducati Monster 1200
hey everyone been seeing mixed feedback but does anyone know if I could fit 35s on my sport with no lift? Specifically BFG all terrains on stock 17s?
Sponsored

Cyder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
you can but there’s a part of the front bumper that needs to be cut off so the tires don’t run when at full turn.

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Silver Sport S, 77 trans am, Ducati 1098
What are the 2inch lifts from mopar costing? Why not lift alittle?

Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
What are the 2inch lifts from mopar costing? Why not lift alittle?
The Jeep in that video is about to get a 1.5" Daystar spacer lift.

Why Daystar and why a spacer lift?

-WAYYYY less money
-Maintains factory ride
-Maintains factory spring rate for hauling/towing
-Guarantees how much actual lift you'll end up with depending on which spacer you select

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

-WAYYYY less money
-Maintains factory ride
-Guarantees how much actual lift you'll end up with depending on which spacer you select
When you use a spacer lift, since you're not changing shocks, does it use up x" of the factory shock travel? I'm assuming so.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
When you use a spacer lift, since you're not changing shocks, does it use up x" of the factory shock travel? I'm assuming so.
No because the spacer lifts come with shock extension bracketry.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
They've got a 2" lift kit, but I'm using their 1.5" front spacers and mixing-matching other parts from them to make the rear sit with just a hair of rake for hauling/towing purposes.

Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Id love to see the end result here. Im waiting on my allow usa 1.5in front and daystar 3/4 read spacers to arrive so i can put on 35’s and maintain the rake for towing.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
They've got a 2" lift kit, but I'm using their 1.5" front spacers and mixing-matching other parts from them to make the rear sit with just a hair of rake for hauling/towing purposes.
Trying to decided between the daystar and alloy 1.5 inch level kits. Hoping to have a stance with some rake but less than OEM. I am adding a winch to the front bumper so I figured the level kit would leave just a bit of rake when all is said and done. 3 questions, what are the pros and cons of daystar vs alloy? Are there any other options I should be looking at? Neither of these kits come with bump stop extensions, do I need them? Local off road shop thought I would want bump extensions with either kit, especially if I run 35 inch tires.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Trying to decided between the daystar and alloy 1.5 inch level kits. Hoping to have a stance with some rake but less than OEM. I am adding a winch to the front bumper so I figured the level kit would leave just a bit of rake when all is said and done. 3 questions, what are the pros and cons of daystar vs alloy? Are there any other options I should be looking at? Neither of these kits come with bump stop extensions, do I need them? Local off road shop thought I would want bump extensions with either kit, especially if I run 35 inch tires.
You can buy a bump stop extension kit, but some of them are overpriced. What I'm going to do is make my own. I bought some electrical conduit plastic end caps and two bolts. I'm going to make a video tomorrow about this. I think it'll work perfectly and it cost me $6 bucks.

As far as Daystar vs. Alloy, I cannot comment on Alloy products because I've never used them. But Daystar makes awesome stuff and their poly spacers actually have a small amount of cushioning to them under coil spring load which makes them less noisy and have a slightly better ride quality vs. steel spacers from some other companies and that's why I am going with Daystar this time around.

If I was going to run a winch, I'd add a little extra lift height in the front to compensate. A winch can go close to 100 lbs. all by itself depending on which one you choose. That's going to be noticeable on a Jeep.

MPFit

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 1500
So what route are you going with the rear? Daystar 1.5 front with bump extenders, with a 3/4” spacer in rear with bump hardware also?

Reasons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KL Cherokee Trailhawk, JT Gladiator RUBICON
Occupation
Enabler

-WAYYYY less money
-Maintains factory ride
I can't wait for that video. I've subscribed and watched all of your Gladiator videos. Actually, almost all of your JL videos as well. Thanks for contributing to our community. You are an immense help to people like me.

BTW, Speaking of cost, do you think there is enough room/space on your Sport S to fit a 16" wheel? Found some steelie looking wheels and I want to get the 16" version to save money on tires - 315 x 75 x r16. https://fifteen52.com/products/analog-hd-slate-grey?variant=15113774104642
Sponsored