37’s - Patagonia MT vs Hercules Terra Trac MT vs Terra Grappler G2

DylanR

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
In my search for tires I’m considering these due to price and the actual weight of them.. the nitto bring the heaviest. I was sonsidering Nexen MT but the 12 ply and weight of them is a turn off.

my main concern is traction on wet roads but still want the rugged look.

thoughts?
Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I considered the Nexen until I saw the weight of them and that ended. If you don't mine getting 20-25,000 miles out of a tire then the Hercules does well on trails but if you daily drive it don't expect them to last, the roads eat them up. My buddy stretched his to 30,000 miles but he probably should have changed them at 25,000. I have only heard good things about Patagonia tires, no one I know running them or on this forum has ever said anything bad about them and they last over 40,000 miles which is a us for a M/T tire. When my 37 Goodyear Kevlar MTRs wear out I have the Patagonia's and MasterCraft Courser MXTs on my short list, you may want to look at the MasterCraft as well. I have heard nothing but good things from people running them as well. They are also one of the lighter 37's

The White Rabbit

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Self Employed
I considered the Nexen until I saw the weight of them and that ended. If you don't mine getting 20-25,000 miles out of a tire then the Hercules does well on trails but if you daily drive it don't expect them to last, the roads eat them up. My buddy stretched his to 30,000 miles but he probably should have changed them at 25,000. I have only heard good things about Patagonia tires, no one I know running them or on this forum has ever said anything bad about them and they last over 40,000 miles which is a us for a M/T tire. When my 37 Goodyear Kevlar MTRs wear out I have the Patagonia's and MasterCraft Courser MXTs on my short list, you may want to look at the MasterCraft as well. I have heard nothing but good things from people running them as well. They are also one of the lighter 37's
Kevlar Goodyear’s not working out for you? I had them on my ram and loved them.

arneb04

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Working
The Patagonia by milestar is made by Nankang. I had a set of nankang conquerer at5 tires on my lifted WK and I can’t say enough good things about those tires. My wife has a set of nankang sport sp9 tires on her car as well and at the price point they kill everything on the market.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Kevlar Goodyear’s not working out for you? I had them on my ram and loved them.
They are great but I can't justify the $2,000+ a set price point when I can get a set that do just as well for around $1300 mounted and balanced. They are great tires but if I didn't get mine for $500 for a set of 4 with 75% life left on them they wouldn't be on mine. I couldn't turn that down, ended up $650 all in mounted and balanced then turned around and sold my 315 70 17 BFG KO2S for $600 that had 18,000 miles on them so pretty much have $50 in them at this point.

Sponsored

The White Rabbit

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Self Employed
They are great but I can't justify the $2,000+ a set price point when I can get a set that do just as well for around $1300 mounted and balanced. They are great tires but if I didn't get mine for $500 for a set of 4 with 75% life left on them they wouldn't be on mine. I couldn't turn that down, ended up $650 all in mounted and balanced then turned around and sold my 315 70 17 BFG KO2S for $600 that had 18,000 miles on them so pretty much have $50 in them at this point.
I’ve noticed not a lot of people are using the Kevlars on Jeep’s and was wondering why. I had 30k miles on mine and was still a little over 50% tread left on them and the first 20k they were the quietest MT’s I’ve ever had.

rob_o

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Build Thread
Link
I've run the following on various vehicles over the last 10 years

35" MTR's - wore out too fast
33 & 32" Duratracs - awesome snow tires, again wear out fast
32" Falken MT - pretty boring, lasted a while
40" Yokohama Geolandar - fantastic road handling, little noise and average wear. Unfortunately they discontinued the old model i had.
35 & 40" patagonia - quiet on road, long lasting (our other vehicle has put many miles on the 35s) my only issue is they aren't the greatest in the snow. Here In Buffalo we get pounded on occasion.

overall I've been very happy with the milestars, they're relatively inexpensive, quiet & last a while compared to other brands.

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link

40" Yokohama Geolandar - fantastic road handling, little noise and average wear. Unfortunately they discontinued the old model i had.
35 & 40" patagonia - quiet on road, long lasting (our other vehicle has put many miles on the 35s) my only issue is they aren't the greatest in the snow. Here In Buffalo we get pounded on occasion.

overall I've been very happy with the milestars, they're relatively inexpensive, quiet & last a while compared to other brands.
I think I’ve read the Kevlar MTRs aren’t good in the snow, what are your thoughts?
I live in the desert but take trips to the mountains, so I’m not sure if I am better off just getting an aggressive all-terrain or hybrid instead. I Like the MTRs though

rob_o

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Build Thread
Link
my MTRs were so bad in the snow I ended up buying a tire groove and siping them.

However they were great offroad

21JTXJ

First Name
angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 gladiator
Occupation
service manager

How many miles are on your patagonias? im on 35 nittos right now and wanna switch to a lighter 37. Everyone i talk to is in the desert and say they are shit. im in the midwest and daily drive my jeep.

Sponsored

rob_o

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Build Thread
Link
How many miles are on your patagonias? im on 35 nittos right now and wanna switch to a lighter 37. Everyone i talk to is in the desert and say they are shit. im in the midwest and daily drive my jeep.
15k on the 35s

200 on the 40s :CWL: