Sponsored

37” tire that is really 37”🤔

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Because you read my post incorrectly you assumed i was wrong, which isnt the case..... I never said "closer to 37", I said "The closer you get to the right measurement", which is 100% correct....

Have a great day
Your statement was a bit vague, so my only solace is that I forced you to clarify your point so that others didn't make the same incorrect assumption that I made. Ha.

Otherwise, you are 100% right. I was 100% wrong in my assumption that you meant exactly 37 when you said "closer to the right measurement".

My apologies.
Sponsored

Teqsand

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD & 22 JTRD
Occupation
Bum
Your statement was a bit vague, so my only solace is that I forced you to clarify your point so that others didn't make the same incorrect assumption that I made. Ha.

Otherwise, you are 100% right. I was 100% wrong in my assumption that you meant exactly 37 when you said "closer to the right measurement".

My apologies.
We're all good, context and order was important, and I see your point if the post was treated singulary....

This is what dialogue and debate is all about, getting to the most correct solution....

Have a great day, get the rig dirty and have fun

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I ended up getting rid of the Goodyear Kevlars before the Rubicon Trail last June. I put about 24K miles on them or so, and they did not wear good, and chunked up pretty bad. I bought the yokohama geolander g003 m/t to replace them. The Yokohama's have a softer sidewall and ride better. They also did not chunk at the Rubicon. I also think they grip better on the Rocks. For the Goodyear Kevlars to soften up for the rocks, I had to go down to 11 or 12 psi. The Yokohamas are soft at 13-14 psi. Here are some pics for you.

Goodyear Kevlars when I took them off
onae0p.jpg

Yokohamas when new

pI4Ttn.jpg

GLX2He.jpg

Yokohamas after The Rubicon Trail and about 4 other 4wheeling trips. No chunking.

IEEci7.jpg

O7o588.jpg
Yeah mine wore out pretty quickly as well and we're about the loudest M/T tire I ever ran Honestly. They good why they had good tread but I would expect much more than 30,000 miles out of them

SuperUltraMan

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gladiator Rubicon, JL Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Human Being
Just had my Pat 37's mounted and tire guy said all were so out of round, not to expect a smooth ride. Not very excited right now. Is this common with this size/brand?
Those were the WORST tires I have run in over 25 years! Same brand as Interco with Super Swampers. Those were on my worst tires ever list and I never would’ve touched the Milestars if I had known it was the same company as Interco. Live and learn if you feel otherwise.
I’m back to Toyo, like Nitto (sister company), that may be heavy but they’re beautifully made, run true, and take any abuse. They’re going to get much higher mileage, too.
Oh and they are actual tire diameter stated.

SuperUltraMan

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gladiator Rubicon, JL Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Human Being
I’ve always found the brands from Japan companies to outperform.
Toyo
Nitto
Yokohama
Even in racing tires it was the same outcome. I’m not sure if it’s an attention-to-detail or sincere desire to be the best but these companies always made better rubber and a better finished product.
Just look at them new and you’ll see what I mean. They’re almost perfect looking.

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Those were the WORST tires I have run in over 25 years! Same brand as Interco with Super Swampers. Those were on my worst tires ever list and I never would’ve touched the Milestars if I had known it was the same company as Interco. Live and learn if you feel otherwise.
I’m back to Toyo, like Nitto (sister company), that may be heavy but they’re beautifully made, run true, and take any abuse. They’re going to get much higher mileage, too.
I've ran Toyo and Nitto's and they definitely are not a true 37 either or 35. They are 34.4 in a 35 and 36.4 roughly in a 37. Also one the loudest tires when they start to wear out. Your right about the Yokohama's though, great tire but they still don't measure more than 36.5 in a 37. Ran a couple sets of the Geolander M/T's as well on the JKU.

Toyo's Measure about 36.8 unmounted and with weight on them they are around 36.4

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
They are not the same company.

Milestar is owned by Tireco. Interco is owned by Interco.

Gliebig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Punk'n
Vehicle Showcase
They've actually been great. I couldn't believe how smooth they ride. I think the guy was just angry because I didn't buy from their shop. I'd definitely buy Pats again

Sponsored

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
I've ran Toyo and Nitto's and they definitely are not a true 37 either or 35. They are 34.4 in a 35 and 36.4 roughly in a 37. Also one the loudest tires when they start to wear out. Your right about the Yokohama's though, great tire but they still don't measure more than 36.5 in a 37. Ran a couple sets of the Geolander M/T's as well on the JKU.

Toyo's Measure about 36.8 unmounted and with weight on them they are around 36.4
That's been my experience with the Toyo's in 35" and 37" on my Power Wagon. I have ripped the sidewalls on 2 Toyo MT's. This one I don't know how I did it. It was on a section of trail that had nothing sticking up or out.

Toyo tire.jpg

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
That's been my experience with the Toyo's in 35" and 37" on my Power Wagon. I have ripped the sidewalls on 2 Toyo MT's. This one I don't know how I did it. It was on a section of trail that had nothing sticking up or out.

Toyo tire.jpg
I'm yet to be impressed by Toyo's or Nitto tires. I know BFG's are smaller but in my experiences, a much better tire. The Kanati's I'm running are better too. Maybe even better than the BFG'S. I'm at 35,000 miles on my Kanati's and they are slightly louder than when I put them on. By 35,000 miles most bigger Toyo or Nitto tires would be miserably loud.
Sponsored