Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Just had a stud snap off one of my spacers at the tire shop, now I'm second guessing running spacers and just tucking the wheels. Not that I think they are unsafe but I have been considering removing them for a while and running the tires tucked, just haven't saw any pictures. If your running a Max tow or Rubicon with 37 12.5 17 tires on stock wheels post up what you got. I could get the spacer fixed or order another one but if it looks good with them tucked then I might just run them like that. Don't think I'll have a rubbing issue with the wide track axles since I had 315 70 17 tires on without spacers and didn't rub. I'm pretty sure it's the width that cause them to rub not the height. Help me out
Sponsored

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
So the larger diameter could also cause an issue for sharper turning radiuses. Clearance is not a given, here.

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
So the larger diameter could also cause an issue for sharper turning radiuses. Clearance is not a given, here.
The taller the tire you have to worry about Fender rub The wider the tire you have to worry about hitting the lower control arm and turning radius. I'm just wanting to see pictures of it. I'm almost positive with the wider track axles you don't have to worry about tire rub unless you go to a 13.5 wide tire

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overland Diesel
Even if you rub a little at full turn, adjust your steering stops a couple turns. You won’t notice it. I wish I had the wider axles, I would have used stock Rubicon wheels instead of aftermarket.
Sponsored