Sponsored

37" tires with a 6 speed manual, anyone attempt this?

Phatjoe

First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Hi,

With manual transmissions just rolling out, it may be too soon for folks to have modified their Gladiator. But, you never know...

Has anyone put 37s on their Gladiator with a manual transmission. What trim (Sport, Rubi) do you have? How does it ride? What are your thoughts? Would you have preferred 35s? Just the typical questions...

Not looking to start a regearing war. I know there a plenty of folks who are fine running 37s on the rubicon 4.10, whereas others prefer to regear to 4.88.
Sponsored

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD
Occupation
Jeep
From my experience on our JL's.

I actually prefered the slightly longer first gear with 37's and factory 4.10s on the Rubicon, but 6th gear was next to useless on the highway.
Offroad is where I really struggled with the factory gears and 37's. I had to slip the clutch more than I was comfortable with. After that first offroad trip I ordered/installed a set of gears.

GloriaJT

First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon - Gloria
I actually prefered the slightly longer first gear with 37's and factory 4.10s on the Rubicon, but 6th gear was next to useless on the highway.
Offroad is where I really struggled with the factory gears and 37's. I had to slip the clutch more than I was comfortable with. After that first offroad trip I ordered/installed a set of gears.
This thread has me stressing now. I thought I had finally made up my mind on getting 37 A/T's when my manual rubi gets delivered later this month, but now I am second guessing that in favor of 35's as I am likely 90% on the road and don't love the idea of losing 6th gear. What are the pros/cons to new gearing?

BLOCKii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
May be a dumb question but is turning with a manual recommended or require? (Rubicon)
Sponsored