• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

37's and Gears

Jasonr82

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Hello Everyone,
I had a question regarding lifting my Gladiator and replacing the gears. I am not doing much aggressive off roading therefore I've decided on going with the cost friendly 3.5" Rough Country Suspension Lift. My plan is to run 37" Tires with 20x12" Rhino Rims. With that set up, do I have to change up the gear ratio or am I okay with running my stock gears. I also plan on purchasing the speedometer calibration kit from Rough Country as well but none the less I've gotten mixed reviews with the gearing situation.
Thanks.
Sponsored

Desert Outlaw

First Name
Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tomb Raider Rubicon, 2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Your ride with load range 'E' tires for those 20" wheels will be rough. Plus, you will be limited with how much you can air down for the times that you do go off road. You're much better to stick with 17" wheels and load range 'D' or 'C' if not loading the truck down much.

You didn't mention if you have a manual or automatic?

MaximusJTRubi

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubi
What gears do u have? I installed the Skyjacker 3.5" lift on my Sport S Max Tow and the 4.10's handle my 37's just fine.
Sorry to thread jack, but can you please get a measurement from the ground to the top back of the hard top, and one from the ground to the front door sill? Please?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jasonr82

Jasonr82

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Looking at my window sticker it shows I have the 3.73 Gears. Would that be enough or do I have to upgrade?

Lynn_F

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I had 3.73's on my JKU with the same wheel/tire setup that I have now and it worked fine. It was a little sluggish but got better gas mileage. I was still able to pull my SxS with it and overall it was fine. That being said, I can definitely tell the difference with the 4.10's and 8 speed tranny. My opinion is to get the wheels and tires that you want...it is definitely doable with 3.73's and then you can upgrade later.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
3.73's and 37's is a recipe for replacing your gears. You'll want to plan on it and you'll see how it goes with the gears before you ante up the coin for them

nuut

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I am running 37" ProComp Tires on 17" rims with the 3.73 gears and an auto trans. I've taken it on some pretty gnarly trails without any issues. On the highway I'm usually in 6th gear @ 70mph. Fuel economy is ~16mpg. I plan to change my gears some day but it's definitely not neccessary to do right away

TRAILJT

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Hello Everyone,
I had a question regarding lifting my Gladiator and replacing the gears. I am not doing much aggressive off roading therefore I've decided on going with the cost friendly 3.5" Rough Country Suspension Lift. My plan is to run 37" Tires with 20x12" Rhino Rims. With that set up, do I have to change up the gear ratio or am I okay with running my stock gears. I also plan on purchasing the speedometer calibration kit from Rough Country as well but none the less I've gotten mixed reviews with the gearing situation.
Thanks.

The gears are not 100% necessary but your transmission will thank you for it later. I had stock 4.10s on my rubicon and am running 37x12.50x17s. My transmission was constantly shifting back and forth between 6th,7th and 8th. I went with 4.88:1 and I love it for just everyday use. I have not had it off-road since the re-gear but I am sure it will be just that much better. It’s pricy but well worth it in my opinion. I am sure there are a bunch of other opinions out there. I would say if you have the money do it.
Sponsored