Sponsored

3D printed connector covers

• Thread starter Deleted member 47279
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0

Deleted member 47279

So i deleted my fog lights due to a new bumper and i want to protect the connector until i get the fancy lights i want. ive been toying with the idea of buying a 3D printer and making some covers for it for connections. Anyone toyed with this idea and maybe have CAD files :)
Sponsored

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
Gives you the excuse to get a 3D printer đź‘Ť

But for the in between time might as well find the opposing plug to cap it. Are you planning on reusing the OEM Fogs?

OP
OP

Deleted member 47279

Gives you the excuse to get a 3D printer đź‘Ť

But for the in between time might as well find the opposing plug to cap it. Are you planning on reusing the OEM Fogs?
where can i find the opposing plugs? i will be getting way bigger fogs and use that circuit for the relay.

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
where can i find the opposing plugs? i will be getting way bigger fogs and use that circuit for the relay.
If you plan on not reusing the original fogs, clip the plug on one of them an use it to cap the wire harness.

OP
OP

Deleted member 47279

so i also am gonna do some other stuff where i want to keep the plugs incase i change my mind. its flexibility im after.

Sponsored

USMC_1Wire6337

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport S/MT; 2017 Ram 2500 4x4 6.4 HEMI
Occupation
IT
Wrap the plug with this. Used something similar to wrap F-18 electrical bundles to protect from water, hydraulic fluid and JP5. Should cover you until you figure next solution. Trick is to start below the pug, wrap up and around plug, then wrap back down the wires. Zip tie the tail as an extra safety measure to prevent unwrapping, but I never had that happen if everything was clean when wrapping.

Electrical tape

f33d

First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
if you do buy a 3d printer get a quality one like prusa mini or mk3s. You’ll save yourself a ton of headache over time. Plus you’ll eventually put that money into the cheap printer with upgrades.

Sponsored

Kindafearless

First Name
Elise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rublicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Enginerd
For many terminals, you can just buy the opposing connector and put a little glue in it to seal where the wires would normally go in. I'm all for 3D printing things, but that will likely be a bit of work and its jumping into the deep end.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Or you could just buy a roll of electrical tape for $3 and wrap them and zip tie them up somewhere.

Seriously. Talk about a complex solution to a simple problem. Wow.

Though if you are just using this as an excuse to buy a 3d Printer I'm all for it.

OP
OP

Deleted member 47279

Or you could just buy a roll of electrical tape for $3 and wrap them and zip tie them up somewhere.

Seriously. Talk about a complex solution to a simple problem. Wow.

Though if you are just using this as an excuse to buy a 3d Printer I'm all for it.
thats my normal go to, but as i get older ive learned to ask to see if there are better options. better to ask than assume.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
thats my normal go to, but as i get older ive learned to ask to see if there are better options. better to ask than assume.
I'm with you 100%. I'm 54 and like everything to be done right. Though I don't sweat aesthetic stuff that can't actually be seen.

Functionally electrical tape is fine. Though inelegant. If I needed to plug and unplug it often, I'd definitely be in for connector covers.

Either way, I understand sometimes working on stuff like this is fun. Its not rational. But its fun.
Sponsored