3M film the body

Coyotesong

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
This past weekend was out and in parts of the trail there brush rubbing along the body. My 17 JKUR was all pinstriped. I'd like to prevent or minimize that from happening to the JT.
So I stopped in a place that specializes in window tents and 3M bras. They've done Jeeps in 3M and said it works great for protecting them from pinstripes. To do the entire sides, entire doors, cowl, front window frame and bed was 2800.00. Does that sound about right?
Sponsored

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
This past weekend was out and in parts of the trail there brush rubbing along the body. My 17 JKUR was all pinstriped. I'd like to prevent or minimize that from happening to the JT.
So I stopped in a place that specializes in window tents and 3M bras. They've done Jeeps in 3M and said it works great for protecting them from pinstripes. To do the entire sides, entire doors, cowl, front window frame and bed was 2800.00. Does that sound about right?
Yes, if it’s premium film that’s a solid price.

erinoutdoors

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE Firecracker Red
I just got that done on my gladiator (the entire front and hood, full sides up to mid window) and it was $4500. Everything in Washington State is more expensive. I did the nicer stuff Xpel that’s supposed to be better than 3M and it’s self healing to some degree.

OP
OP

Coyotesong

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
The material is Solarguard Pro Hydro. Its self healing and hydrophobic. I mistakenly referred to it as 3m.

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
The material is Solarguard Pro Hydro. Its self healing and hydrophobic. I mistakenly referred to it as 3m.
"it's a non-nutritive cereal varnish. It's semi-permiable. It's not osmotic. What it does is it coats and seals the flake, prevents the milk from penetrating it"
sorry, had to (again) . . . ;)
Sponsored