• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Indiana 4.10s anyone

The dude

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Does anyone have a set of 4.10s they pulled that I could possibly wrangle out them? Want to rehear possibly from 3.73 to 4.10. Thanks
Sponsored

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone have a set of 4.10s they pulled that I could possibly wrangle out them? Want to rehear possibly from 3.73 to 4.10. Thanks
I’m pulling my 4.10’s in January. 2021 Rubicon with 10,000 miles. Trouble free. No noises. Just going up to larger tires. If you can wait until they are pulled, what do you think is a fair price?

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I thought it was not a best practice to reuse a used ring and pinion gear setup on another vehicle?

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
What would be the issues??
Not a gear expert by any means but when setting up a new ring and pinion gear set on a differential carrier, they are shimmed in and wear in as a set.

Take off a used ring and pinion and put in another differential carrier and even if shimmed in to spec, the wear in would dimensionally be off to some degree vs. staring with a new set that wears in as an assembly with the differential carrier.

I have known shade tree mechanics that have done this for weekend street rods using used gear and pinion sets but that was a known track only risk. Most of the shop guys I knew that did this, stated they would never do it on a daily driver.

Given the cost of all things considered when modifying a Jeep, this is one area I would not try to be frugal on with reusing used stuff.

Last edited:

Sponsored

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Not a gear expert by any means but when setting up a new ring and pinion gear set on a differential carrier, they are shimmed in and wear in as a set.

Take off a used ring and pinion and put in another differential carrier and even if shimmed in to spec, the wear in would dimensionally be off to some degree vs. staring with a new set that wears in as an assembly with the differential carrier.

I have known shade tree mechanics that have done this for weekend street rods using used gear and pinion sets but that was a know track only risk. Most of the shop guys I knew that did this, stated they would never do it on a daily driver.

Given the cost of all things considered when modifying a Jeep, this is one area I would not try to be frugal on with reusing used stuff.
Makes sense to me. I’d never used gears from another differential either. Maybe not the best idea.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
It does make sense. Damnit
Man.
You’re still welcome to buy them from me. I never claimed to be a regear expert. Just following queues from others with more experience. If you want them, I’ll let you know when they’re out, and I’ll keep them oiled up.

First Name
Slymer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
BMW Parts
I have a set I just pulled with 20k on them.
Sponsored