Billet Wilson

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon Hard Rock, 2021 JT Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I assumed my JT had a 22 gallon fuel tank. I was looking over the build sheet and towards the bottom it says it has 4 additional gallons. This is the first time I've seen this. Anyone else have this or know which option causes the larger fuel tank to be added?

4 Additonal Gallons Of Gas.png
Sponsored

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
Gasoline, not gas tank capacity . . .

OP
OP

Billet Wilson

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon Hard Rock, 2021 JT Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
You're talking the actual fuel itself? If that is the case why would they state "additional"? Additional to what lol.

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
You're talking the actual fuel itself? If that is the case why would they state "additional"? Additional to what lol.
Yes, I'm assuming the fuel itself. I figure unless the low light is on, the dealer will ignore it all together.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
It's 4 additional gallons on top of the nearly empty tank the dealer usually gives you.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Everyone gets that as far as I know - it's GAS, not capacity. It reads "gallons of gas" - correct? Meaning you get 4 gallons of gas, not a larger tank. Mine said that, everything I have read while dealing at the dealership said that at the end.

Harold0819

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Gladiator Rubicon, 2008 Jeep JKU, 2019 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk Hemi
It is just part of the build sheet. If you read the actual build sheets they list EVERYTHING....LOL. I joked with my salesman about it...I was like...wow...make sure I know what I'm paying for...LOL.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
It is just part of the build sheet. If you read the actual build sheets they list EVERYTHING....LOL. I joked with my salesman about it...I was like...wow...make sure I know what I'm paying for...LOL.
Bean counters probably insisted they track everything, including the air used in the tires. Shocked there isn't a "shop supplies" and "environmental fee"
But i saw the gas listed on everything I looked at while at the dealers, and even saw it on my own.
Filled again today - 18.7 gallons with 40 miles left. Last time it was 18.5 with about 35 left, it's always close to those numbers, no matter what the average is at the time. I tried and got 19.4 gallons in today. Most I have ever gotten in was about 19.5 or so and that's trying for several minutes running the handle baaarely squeezed, stop, squeeze, stop, until I can see gas.

Harold0819

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Gladiator Rubicon, 2008 Jeep JKU, 2019 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk Hemi
Bean counters probably insisted they track everything, including the air used in the tires. Shocked there isn't a "shop supplies" and "environmental fee"
But i saw the gas listed on everything I looked at while at the dealers, and even saw it on my own.
Filled again today - 18.7 gallons with 40 miles left. Last time it was 18.5 with about 35 left, it's always close to those numbers, no matter what the average is at the time. I tried and got 19.4 gallons in today. Most I have ever gotten in was about 19.5 or so and that's trying for several minutes running the handle baaarely squeezed, stop, squeeze, stop, until I can see gas.

My truck doesn't even have 200 miles on it yet...LOL. I haven't had to fill it yet since I got it. They filled it for me before I picked it up. So I'm not even sure of the capacity

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I actually had a sales manager try and convince me that was a feature and that it was justifying the extra price they were trying to get out of me.

After a bit of arguing I said tell you what. Let's go back to the parts department and if he can find 2 different fuel tank numbers one that is 4 gallons larger than the standard I'll pay what you are asking.

After he explained it to the parts manager and the laughter that ensued he apologized and we went back to negotiating.
Sponsored