Sponsored

4 extra gallons......where is it? Look MOM I can read with my eyes closed!!

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 XJ Pioneer, 17 WK2 3.6, 18 JLU 3.6, 22 JTOD 3.0
Occupation
LEO - Life in Chino
It's all your perspective. I just traded my Ecodiesel Ram in for a Gladiator 3.6L. I smile everytime I pass a gas station and see that I'll never have to pay that extra $1 - $1.5 per gallon more for diesel! It's kind of like how good you feel when you stop hitting your head against the wall.
Perspective indeed. Tell me how many miles you travel on a tank of gas and I'll tell you how many miles I travel on a tank of diesel.

To be honest, prices fell quite a lot within the last week. Yesterday I paid 5.04/gallon of diesel and 4.59/gallon of gas in my wife's JLU. So the gap is not as bad as it was a few months back. Remember when diesel fuel was like a buck cheaper than gas?

394 miles when the gas light came on in my JTOD, and that's on 37s. Stock wheels and tires were 480+ on a tank every time with 3 less gallons than the gasser. I'm OK with that!
Sponsored

Escape.idiocracy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
Occupation
Hitchhiker
i am curious if you have regears or recalibrated the ECU? ( if you are running larger tires.)
This was on a manual JKU.. gearing was at 4.88’s and then 5.13’s she was a heavy girl and ran with a tent on top 90% of the time… beadlocks dropped fuel economy from 12 down to 10ish…
smiles per gallon. The only crappy part was range. The tian tank added an additional 15 gallons. This made going though saline valley and playing in Death Valley less stressful. 🍺👍🏼

RJinPV

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Rubicon, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired
Perspective indeed. Tell me how many miles you travel on a tank of gas and I'll tell you how many miles I travel on a tank of diesel.

To be honest, prices fell quite a lot within the last week. Yesterday I paid 5.04/gallon of diesel and 4.59/gallon of gas in my wife's JLU. So the gap is not as bad as it was a few months back. Remember when diesel fuel was like a buck cheaper than gas?

394 miles when the gas light came on in my JTOD, and that's on 37s. Stock wheels and tires were 480+ on a tank every time with 3 less gallons than the gasser. I'm OK with that!
Yes, a diesel's range is unchallenged, and I do remember the days when diesel was same/cheaper as gas. Though I don't expect those days to return for years, if ever.

Jeepasaurus_Rex

First Name
Mike🖤
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 KJ -- '21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
I got gas for $1.99 per gallon today. The local gas chain, Sheetz, put it on sale for the holiday.
I absolutely love Sheetz. Whenever I got back home to PA I go straight there lol. Especially if I fly in to MDT

Jeepasaurus_Rex

First Name
Mike🖤
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 KJ -- '21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link

I can consistently get 340ish in mine with 40's, stock gears, and too much weight. I love this thing! I also snagged up some diesel from Sam's Club yesterday for 3.89 :)

Sponsored

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 XJ Pioneer, 17 WK2 3.6, 18 JLU 3.6, 22 JTOD 3.0
Occupation
LEO - Life in Chino
I also snagged up some diesel from Sam's Club yesterday for 3.89 :)
Where the heck are you getting diesel from Sam’s at??? Everything locally only offers cheap stuff and premium

Jeepasaurus_Rex

First Name
Mike🖤
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 KJ -- '21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Where the heck are you getting diesel from Sam’s at??? Everything locally only offers cheap stuff and premium
I've got one right up the road here in San Antonio

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
I absolutely love Sheetz. Whenever I got back home to PA I go straight there lol. Especially if I fly in to MDT
I got a Sheetz near by. The MTO's are good.

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR-HVY 6spd, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
Build Thread
Link
Ss8K8nu.jpg

4GIBFF7.jpg

Ok, so I reset trip B as soon as the 30 mile to empty warning came on.

The truck finally died on a small uphill, so it could have potentially gone farther, but losing the ability to go uphill makes it a moot point.

Oh and once you get under 10 miles to empty, the display just reads "Low miles" . I dumped like 4 ish gallons (VP racing 3.5 gallon jug filled all the way up) and the miles to empty still read "Low miles".

My MPG average read was 16. something. I forgot to get that down.

SO dividing the 346.3 miles traveled by 16 give me 21.64 gallons.

I got better than 16 mpg though, Im very inclined to believe we have access to 22 gallons of fuel.

Also the reserve is 4 gallons of gas-ish. The computer screen estimated 30 miles to empty, I was able to go 68.1 . Use that information as you wish.

THis is on a 6spd manual JTR, with a tonneau, exhaust, and an intake. Only 1200 miles on the truck.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I see on build sheets "4 extra gallons." Is it hiding? Is it part of the fuel gauge? I just want to know. with gas at almost $6 a gallon here i end up pushing the envelope. The smart system tells me low miles I have a 33 gallon tank and when i fill it always goes to 19 maybe 20 gallons on a fill. Is the stock tank 18 and the 22 tank the extra 4? It would suck to have an 18 gallon tank in these. Just a conversation piece here!
You can't be serious. 4 gallons of fuel doesn't mean the TANK is bigger.
If it was the TANK, it would say "larger fuel tank". Not that you got 4 gallons of fuel/gas/whatever.
LOL, I literally laughed out loud.
Where's that slap forehead icon.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
it's like a woman saying she is a size 6, but uhhhhhh we all know that ain't exactly true.

no one is going to tell her, but we all know!
Could be her shoe size in Asian measure?
I think size 6 in Russia is the same as a 16+ size here.

BTW - I was wrong- I did find my 4 extra gallons. It's in my wife's Grand Cherokee.

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
One good habit I picked up (drove commercial vehicles for a bit) is to fill up around 1/2 tank (the gauges were notoriously inaccurate).

Not saying that I always fill up at 1/2 tank, but that in 5,100 miles of driving.,.I’ve seen the low fuel light come on once. Beats the hell out of tweaking out over how much reserve there is.

Ferg

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired College Instructor
Vehicle Showcase

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Can you NOT post that you're paying $2.93/gallon for all of us California guys please?
Damn I would have really pissed in your Wheaties if I took a picture of gas prices I seen heading up to KY.

One thing that I don't understand is why some think it's a good idea to run fuel tank empty, I got passed that S### after being a broke teenager with 4 barrel carb vehicles. I figured out it sucks being on side of road pouring in gas or not having gas.
Sponsored