Sponsored

4 extra gallons......where is it? Look MOM I can read with my eyes closed!!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Just for giggles. Does anybody know if you could swap the 22 and 19 fuel tank…As a diesel guy, I sure wish I had another 2-3 gallons.
No room. There's a reason it's a smaller tank. Gotta have room for the DEF for diesel.
If there was space you know very well they'd have the 22 gallon tank.
Besides, with your whopping killer MPG, you don't need it as badly as those of us with GAS engines do.
Sponsored

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
Rather than start my own thread I'll ask here since it's gas-related... I have a gas can from a little over a year ago that I don't want to run through my generator. Would it be ok to put the 4-5gal in my truck? A fuel stabilizer was used
It’s fine, run it.

NCIC105

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired LEO
Generally speaking, true......... however.....the ULSD is more expensive as it requires more refining. This was required what, about a decade or so ago? It's a lot more expensive to produce the ultra-low sulfur diesel, more steps, more equipment. So while if you step back in time and look at the process at its most simple - simply getting diesel fuel of any sort - it's a lot cheaper. But to make it pass new requirements........ that's different.

Diesel also has several cents more federal tax than gas, there's higher demand for diesel than gas (trains, farm equipment, industrial equipment (so during a boom and construction times, there's higher demand for diesel), and home heating oil competes for the part of petrol that diesel comes from, driving up prices in the winter months.
As kids we would start our old tractor on diesel. Once it got hot we switched it over to kerosene. (Dad had a smaller tank he added for the diesel)

Smoked a little more. But kerosene had gotten expensive also these days.

NCIC105

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired LEO
Rather than start my own thread I'll ask here since it's gas-related... I have a gas can from a little over a year ago that I don't want to run through my generator. Would it be ok to put the 4-5gal in my truck? A fuel stabilizer was used
Did you add StayBuilt to the gas before storing it. I had some put up two years with staybuilt in it and it burned like a charm. Just make sure the lid it tight.

TigerInFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Mojave
Occupation
Design & Sell Inground Pools
Ours pretty consistently kicks off at around 15 gallons….. and as you stated we can a usually get around 3 additional gallons in. We fill to the top of the neck. Average fill is 18 gallons once the light comes on. Most we have done is 18.5~

B1C43B2E-FFEF-4FD1-B257-CB9C9BDB7FD9.jpeg

Jeep Gladiator 4 extra gallons......where is it? Look MOM I can read with my eyes closed!! coming-to-america-arseniohall

I'd throw up if I was paying that much a couple of times a week.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Did you add StayBuilt to the gas before storing it. I had some put up two years with staybuilt in it and it burned like a charm. Just make sure the lid it tight.
Perhaps Sta-Bil?

Jeep Gladiator 4 extra gallons......where is it? Look MOM I can read with my eyes closed!! 1669739814745

He did say fuel stabilizer was used.

I'd never go their 2 years on purpose, but I used to use it in my 1936 F20 as it sometimes sat for several months, at times over a year, and never had troubles. It goes into my SX4 and my Javelin each winter season.
Keeping the container CLOSED - sealed - is key because no matter what you add to fuel, it can't possibly prevent evaporation of the lighter parts like the butane that give it some of the octane qualities.
Sta-Bil mostly prevents oxidation of parts of the fuel. It's up to the owner to follow directions and keep the storage container close/sealed.
I've used Sta-Bil since it came in a metal container, but then, I started using a lot of products when they came in genuine metal containers.

Escape.idiocracy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
Occupation
Hitchhiker
Jeep Gladiator 4 extra gallons......where is it? Look MOM I can read with my eyes closed!! 1669739814745

I'd throw up if I was paying that much a couple of times a week.
The Jeeps are for fun. I drove 160 miles a day in our tdi sportwagen. She gets around 45-47 if I can keep my foot out of it…. 400tq is a lot of fun in a little car.

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR-HVY 6spd, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
Build Thread
Link
The Jeeps are for fun. I drove 160 miles a day in our tdi sportwagen. She gets around 45-47 if I can keep my foot out of it…. 400tq is a lot of fun in a little car.
Sportwagens are super cool!

My fun driver only gets like 13 mpg, on E85 though, lol

Gladiator replaced my Edge Sport as a daily. Loving it

ShadowRock

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Willys , 20'Dodge Challenger SXT,
Occupation
System Technician Mercedes Benz, Retired
My 2022 Gladiator is the same shows empty and can only Get 18.6 gallons in it .
where are the other 3.5-4.
Talked to Svc. Manager at Casa Grande Jeep. What a Joke . she Knew nothing .

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Questions -
Would you rather the pump run dry and get hot and your engine stop as quick as the gauge says "empty"?
If the gauge calibration was wrong - would you be pissed if you were 10 miles from the next station when it died - and you needed a fuel pump replaced?
Why would you talk to a service manager about it?
Would you rather that when it said E, it simply DIED and refused to move?

Heck we used to gripe, bitch, moan, complain, and yell at the dealers because when it said empty it WAS empty. We hated accurate gauges! We'd all talk about how you didn't dare drive past a station if you had 1/4 tank or less because as quick as that gauge hit E you were walking.
So now that problem is fixed and people are complaining about that 🤔
It's called "reserve" those are reserved gallons to get you past Atlanta at 4 pm on a Friday.
Or - through Kansas where there's no signs of a building let alone gas for as far as the eye can see.

Sponsored

Jeepasaurus_Rex

First Name
Mike🖤
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 KJ -- '21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
I don't understand what people are frustrated about though. Lol.
If you stop and fill up and it puts 18.6 gallons in there, what is the issue?
If you're looking for the other 3.5-4... it's there. Just keep driving

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
I don't understand what people are frustrated about though. Lol.
If you stop and fill up and it puts 18.6 gallons in there, what is the issue?
If you're looking for the other 3.5-4... it's there. Just keep driving
Gauge reads empty, tank has over 1/8th of a tank.

I imagine this bothers some people because they would like the gauge to be more accurate.

My 1998 TJ was the same way, but I don't know of any other vehicles I have owned that show empty when the tank is over 1/8th.

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
Questions -
Would you rather the pump run dry and get hot and your engine stop as quick as the gauge says "empty"?
If the gauge calibration was wrong - would you be pissed if you were 10 miles from the next station when it died - and you needed a fuel pump replaced?
Why would you talk to a service manager about it?
Would you rather that when it said E, it simply DIED and refused to move?

Heck we used to gripe, bitch, moan, complain, and yell at the dealers because when it said empty it WAS empty. We hated accurate gauges! We'd all talk about how you didn't dare drive past a station if you had 1/4 tank or less because as quick as that gauge hit E you were walking.
So now that problem is fixed and people are complaining about that 🤔
It's called "reserve" those are reserved gallons to get you past Atlanta at 4 pm on a Friday.
Or - through Kansas where there's no signs of a building let alone gas for as far as the eye can see.
Hated accurate gauges? That is crazy.

Reminds me how my mom used to set her clock 10 minutes fast because she was always late. Think it helped? :LOL:

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR-HVY 6spd, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
Build Thread
Link
Gauge reads empty, tank has over 1/8th of a tank.

I imagine this bothers some people because they would like the gauge to be more accurate.

My 1998 TJ was the same way, but I don't know of any other vehicles I have owned that show empty when the tank is over 1/8th.
Yeah, i dont need the car flashing low fuel when I have 20 percent of my capacity left.

One of the highlights of the Jeep, for me, was a 22 gallon gastank and the range that gets me.

The trucks computer feels like its programed for the Diesel gas tank. Which now that I think about it, could be very much the issue!!

OP
OP
AstroZombie

AstroZombie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, '04 Tacoma PreRunner
Occupation
Tech Support
i figure 40 mile once the light comes on. but that's just a person preference. That's the only time i used the trip meter in my AMC eagle or my XJ. Light come on hit trip rest and know to panic when I see 40 miles on the ticker.
Sponsored