Sponsored

$4 mirrors, couldn't be happier. Don't pay more.

Darel

First Name
Darel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT Rubi Sarge Green; '08 JK
Occupation
Military
I ordered these scooter mirrors for $3.99 each (no seriously, the shipping was more than the mirrors). Finally got to try them out last week when I took my doors off for the first time. They are absolutely fantastic, I cannot fathom paying any more. They thread right into the cowl panel holes when you remove one of the bolts. You'll see a white nylon spacer in there, I only put that in to keep from scratching the paint around the recess with my little adjustable. 30 second install. Did a 4+ hour trip at 70+ on the highway and they are nice and stable.

The one on the passenger side is a little obstructed by the dash but still usable. But even if you're not worried about using it, it keeps you legal for your municipality. The driver's side one functions perfectly.

If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one (or two) up.
- paraphrased from Ferris Bueller

The same mirrors are available anywhere but I can't see paying a stratospheric $7.99 when Autozone has them for $3.99:

https://www.autozone.com/miscellane...EVAsyekSDIhc4agjRDhoCB84QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
Jeep Gladiator $4 mirrors, couldn't be happier.  Don't pay more. 1651793671331

Jeep Gladiator $4 mirrors, couldn't be happier.  Don't pay more. 1651793697563

Jeep Gladiator $4 mirrors, couldn't be happier.  Don't pay more. 1651793732629
Sponsored

OP
OP

Darel

First Name
Darel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
Wonder if these would work on my TJ.
Time to investigate!
I had a TJ, long ago, and I don't think it had these bolt-on cowl panels like the JTs do? Unless you can extend the threads and put them through the door hinge somehow, but a regular coupling nut would be too big to fit through the hinge.

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Very nice, are they the same thread pitch as the cowl fasteners?

OP
OP

Darel

First Name
Darel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
Yup, threads right in and the nut tightens down to hold them in place.

Sponsored

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
DoD (forced to resign courtesy of FJB), Retired Marine
I ordered these scooter mirrors for $3.99 each (no seriously, the shipping was more than the mirrors). Finally got to try them out last week when I took my doors off for the first time. They are absolutely fantastic, I cannot fathom paying any more. They thread right into the cowl panel holes when you remove one of the bolts. You'll see a white nylon spacer in there, I only put that in to keep from scratching the paint around the recess with my little adjustable. 30 second install. Did a 4+ hour trip at 70+ on the highway and they are nice and stable.

The one on the passenger side is a little obstructed by the dash but still usable. But even if you're not worried about using it, it keeps you legal for your municipality. The driver's side one functions perfectly.

The same mirrors are available anywhere but I can't see paying a stratospheric $7.99 when Autozone has them for $3.99:

https://www.autozone.com/miscellane...EVAsyekSDIhc4agjRDhoCB84QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Couldn’t you tilt some of that bend back over on the passenger side to obtain a little better visibility? Not sure how much pivot you have with the ball on the back of these.

Dan in Pasadena

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Just tried the link you provided and it worked but shipping to me in SoCal is $7 while two mirrors are $8. Did you buy them at their retail store?

If I’m going cheap then I’ll be cheap about shipping too and just drop by a local store instead of paying near 90% for shipping.

OP
OP

Darel

First Name
Darel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
Couldn’t you tilt some of that bend back over on the passenger side to obtain a little better visibility? Not sure how much pivot you have with the ball on the back of these.
Yeah you sure could. I just didn't feel like getting in and out of the truck 10 times to adjust it. I set them even and was fine with it where it was.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Darel

First Name
Darel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
Just tried the link you provided and it worked but shipping to me in SoCal is $7 while two mirrors are $8. Did you buy them at their retail store?

If I’m going cheap then I’ll be cheap about shipping too and just drop by a local store instead of paying near 90% for shipping.
No, shipping was like $9 to me. Like I said shipping cost more than the mirrors. By all means get them in the store if you can.

Shopshirt

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gladiator

1651793671331.png

1651793697563.png

1651793732629.png
I was just thinking about this same thing and surfing Craigslist for some suitable motorcycle or scooter mirrors! You beat me too it!

Mechjk43

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Occupation
Mechanical Design Engineer
My local O’Reilly’s has them in stock for $7.99 each but should price match AutoZone at $3.99 each. I’ll pick some up tomorrow for my JT and my wife’s JL. Thanks @Darel

Last edited:

fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Oh my goodness. Thank you.
Sponsored