4 Programmable Auxiliary Switches

BlckJT

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JGC Altitude -=BlckWK2=-
I found that the wiring is already inside the cabin where you can connect whatever your powering. That’s great. Now, I’d like to connect a dashcam but need it to be powered when the vehicle is on and off (park mode).

If the vehicle is off will the Aux switch still be active to continue power? Or is there an option to keep it on?

I have a Blackvue front/rear camera now in my JGC and its powered all the time. There’s a MagicPro switch to help regulate battery drainage if the device flakes out or the battery starts to drain from it. But, I’ve had great experience with it being on all the time and hope the JT will provide that if I choose the Aux Switch add on.
Sponsored

Bravo Foxtrot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota Tacoma
I was playing with those options while the dealer was finding the keys the other day. IGN or BATT where power options. Switch options where intermittent or lock in position, and it had reset options for when the car was turned on/off. I was very impressed TBH.

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
If I recall correctly two of the switches are always hot and two are hot with ignition.

I found that the wiring is already inside the cabin where you can connect whatever your powering. That’s great. Now, I’d like to connect a dashcam but need it to be powered when the vehicle is on and off (park mode).

If the vehicle is off will the Aux switch still be active to continue power? Or is there an option to keep it on?

I have a Blackvue front/rear camera now in my JGC and its powered all the time. There’s a MagicPro switch to help regulate battery drainage if the device flakes out or the battery starts to drain from it. But, I’ve had great experience with it being on all the time and hope the JT will provide that if I choose the Aux Switch add on.

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
OP
OP
BlckJT

BlckJT

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JGC Altitude -=BlckWK2=-
This is great info. I’ll more than likely want it in my build!

Sponsored

Tommy

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon

Concerning the 4 Aux Switch Power, you stated "I found that the wiring is already inside the cabin where you can connect whatever your powering". Could you let me know where this was found on your gladiator and what it looked like?

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
the owners manual shows the locations, the lugs are under the hood but the relay wiring harness is in place from power to switches to relay to consumer.

Pat2Alaska

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Hydro-Blue Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Jedi
Concerning the 4 Aux Switch Power, you stated "I found that the wiring is already inside the cabin where you can connect whatever your powering". Could you let me know where this was found on your gladiator and what it looked like?
On the Uconnect screen you configure each aux switch. One of the choices is to have it always powered or only when ignition is on.

Pat2Alaska

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Hydro-Blue Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Jedi
AuxSwitchWireLocations.png

Sponsored

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
If you want it on all the time why bother with a switch at all? Just hard wire the system in and save your switches for something you actually want to turn on and off.

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
And I also have a question for you about the Blackvue. Do you use the cloud service? If so is it run through your UConnect wifi? I am thinking this is the simplest and most common sense to install the cloud system as long as the wifi is powered and connected all the time. If the wifi turns off when you shut the Jeep down then you will not be able to reach your system.

OK as I was typing I had a thought pop into my head. The data link almost has to be open even when the vehicle is powered down or the Uconnect app would not work for remote starting and diagnostics. Is my line of thinking crazy or correct? Hoping someone who actually knows can help out.

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
here is the key

Screen Shot 2019-05-29 at 6.38.38 PM.png
Sponsored