First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Teacher-Retired Firefighter
Does anyone actually use these guys. It seems they do a $100 mark up on the Smittybuikt Gen 1 bumper ( online +shipping) . I have seen others on their site pushing $2k, seriously. I asked about a 2 inch puck lift install, $800 plus vs Les Schwab’s $280. They quoted me $400 labor to install a teraflax 1.5,
so I am curious, with such insane ( IMO) prices (here in Cali) has anyone in this forum used them and if so, what is your opinion/experience? Is it worth it?
Sponsored

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
I used them for my winch & with a coupon code got my warn evo 10s for 670 so that was good. Tried using them for the Mopar TPMS & they didn't get what they said they would in a timely manner. Then to find out that one of the employees knew it wasn't going to be there & warned the manager who did nothing about it & then said they couldn't do anything about it until I said to cancel it all & then they can somehow get it the next day... I haven't been into the store or ordered anything since. That's not how I think business should be done so I just avoid them.

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler JKU
We had one open in the Kansas City metro area a few years ago. It's in a nice area, and they seem to get a lot of business. I checked on prices a while back (both parts and install), and their prices seemed to be higher than most. Can't really speak to customer service, but probably a place I won't be using just based on price.

WhippetTaxi

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2017 Lotus Evora 410, 2011 BMW 1M, 2001 F250
Occupation
Retired
No, it’s not worth it. I tried to buy some driving lights for my old TJ a couple years ago from the Austin store. They were understaffed (this was pre-pandemic) and the front counter staff all seemed like trainees. Very poor customer service in my encounters. Okay place to window shop, but don’t get your heart set on actually buying anything.

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
Haven't used them in 15 years, they fouled up a shock order (!!!) for my old Ranger (Fresno store). Had to pre-pay for a special order, still got two rear shocks that weren't even in the same solar system as what I ordered. What REALLY pissed me off is they initially weren't going to ship the proper parts until they received the wrong ones back on my dime. I had to jaw with some 2nd level flunky and they promised to send a UPS tag (why not email?). Got the right shocks a week later, never did get the UPS tag. Eff them.

Find a good locally owned 4x4 shop and start a business relationship. I even buy my tires from my local shop, they are very competitive with the national chains and are way easier to work with.

Does anyone actually use these guys. It seems they do a $100 mark up on the Smittybuikt Gen 1 bumper ( online +shipping) . I have seen others on their site pushing $2k, seriously. I asked about a 2 inch puck lift install, $800 plus vs Les Schwab’s $280. They quoted me $400 labor to install a teraflax 1.5,
so I am curious, with such insane ( IMO) prices (here in Cali) has anyone in this forum used them and if so, what is your opinion/experience? Is it worth it?

Sponsored

Redbear

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I "think" I purchased a set of ATP step rails from them in May. I say "think" because they took my money, but have refused to response to numerous email requests for order status updates. The only way I've been able to get any information is waiting on hold for 45+ minutes to be told "don't have any updated info". I'm giving them another week, then I'm handing it over to my credit card company.

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubi, '03 BMW Z4, '20 Mitsu OutSport
Occupation
Software Developer
tried to order a bed mat from them... a month went by and they hadn't fulfilled the order so I cancelled

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
I used them for my winch & with a coupon code got my warn evo 10s for 670 so that was good. Tried using them for the Mopar TPMS & they didn't get what they said they would in a timely manner. Then to find out that one of the employees knew it wasn't going to be there & warned the manager who did nothing about it & then said they couldn't do anything about it until I said to cancel it all & then they can somehow get it the next day... I haven't been into the store or ordered anything since. That's not how I think business should be done so I just avoid them.
Same. Got a good deal on the winch and winch plate, but that's it. I ordered tires from them when they had their no-sales tax sale and price matched it to Walmart. The 5th tire didn't come in on time, I raised a fuss, was about to cancel the whole order when they knocked off another $25/tire and I ended up getting 5 Falken MTs 35/12.50/17 for $250 a piece (lowest I could find was $280 plus tax and install). But that saved them money, as they'd have had to pay $200 to ship the tires back. They gave me a worn spare tire for my wheeling trip and I was happy to get everything settled the following week. They've been pretty good and flexible. Will go back when I get Yokohamas

Deleted member 30519

I got my RC lift, smittybuilt hinge steps and weathertechs from them. One thing I like about them is they eccept synchrony banks car care credit card so you can get the 6 months no interest promos.

Govdog76

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Cat Herding
Funny this thread popped up today- I vowed to their Raleigh NC (Store 211) staff on Friday that I would never shop there again. Terrible customer service.
Basically, I placed an order online for in-store pickup. After several erroneous emails from 4wp.com (no biggie) I got a call FROM THE STORE that my stuff (just two soft and two regular shackles) were ready for pickup. Drove the 30 minutes to the store, only for them to explain that the items had already been purchased(!?!?). Seems when you do an online order, they don’t actually put any stock aside for you. They said “that would be too much work.” I politely pointed out that literally every other retailer who offers in store pickup puts the stock aside. They were totally rude, no apology, no nothing. I told them to cancel the order. Suffice to say, I have not gotten a refund on my card yet, and I am sure I will have to call 4wp.com to get that fixed. Not worth it!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Diaster

Diaster

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Teacher-Retired Firefighter
Well definitely seems like open a canna worms with this one. Just went by the Sacramento store and all the bumperS, nothing reasonably priced and they won’t let you look at them anymore either (COVID) you just have to trust them and order it anyway thanks for the input and I was just curious if I was all by myself in this

Andtros

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ, Gladiator on order
Occupation
Mechanic
When I was building my first jeep, I used them a lot (for parts). It seemed that there was at the time (maybe still now?) different pricing depending on a variety of factors. I almost want to say that you need to know somebody to get a real deal out of them. I remember waiting for some people to show up and others to leave.

Real mess- but I will say that their parking lot sales are ones that you don't want to miss. I remember getting steals of deals that way.

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
I’m sorry to hear everyone’s issues. I, just recently, started working for 4wp near my home. (I’m sure some of you can start blaming now) and I’m trying my hardest to learn more about everything. I’m hoping to do a good job to help everyone I meet.

Apocalypz

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JK Unlimited, 2021 JTR Diesel (Ordered 7/11/20)
Occupation
Operations
Never had a good experience with them. Started using RimzOne in my area (NC). They are great to work with and ship all over the world. They do most of their business in Rims and tires, but they also do all accessories for Jeeps, trucks, etc. If you use them, ask for Kyle. Great guy, super knowledgeable and always fair. I have worked with him on my Jeeps for the last 5+ years.

ron168

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Rubi, '20 JT Rubi LE, '17 GLS63
I bought some mirrors that were supposedly in stock and paid for expedited 2 day shipping. It ended coming directly from the manufacturer as a direct ship with 2day shipping after a week. Not the 2 day shipping I'm used to I guess. They should have indicated at order time so I could have saved some money.
Sponsored