5” radio lagging

Johnnyboy110

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator sport
Every time I start my Jeep the radio reverts back to Sirius and I lose control of all functions for the first few seconds. The volume will stay where I left it which is good but the radio switches from Bluetooth to Sirius and I can’t turn the volume down.

@JeepCares how can I fix this?
I searched all over this site and haven’t seen anyone mention this so I wondering if I’m all alone on this one.
Sponsored

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Not necessarily the same as you but I frequently have non-responsive issues when changing inputs - frequently shortly after startup. I'm guessing it's just a cheap head unit but I've had bottom barrel from Ford and Toyota and neither were close to this bad.

If this keeps up I'll be shopping for an aftermarket head unit... I'm ok with basic but the performance is so terrible I'm starting to regret not going 7".

jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2019 Cherokee KL 2020 Gladiator JT
I think they all lag when they are first turned on. The 5" in my JT is a noticeable improvement over the 2 year old 5" in my JL. Better screen and less initial lag. It also remembers what song was playing on the USB drive. The JL usually starts the song order over from the beginning if it sets for more than a few minutes.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Every time I start my Jeep the radio reverts back to Sirius and I lose control of all functions for the first few seconds. The volume will stay where I left it which is good but the radio switches from Bluetooth to Sirius and I can’t turn the volume down.

@JeepCares how can I fix this?
I searched all over this site and haven’t seen anyone mention this so I wondering if I’m all alone on this one.
Not necessarily the same as you but I frequently have non-responsive issues when changing inputs - frequently shortly after startup. I'm guessing it's just a cheap head unit but I've had bottom barrel from Ford and Toyota and neither were close to this bad.

If this keeps up I'll be shopping for an aftermarket head unit... I'm ok with basic but the performance is so terrible I'm starting to regret not going 7".
I think they all lag when they are first turned on. The 5" in my JT is a noticeable improvement over the 2 year old 5" in my JL. Better screen and less initial lag. It also remembers what song was playing on the USB drive. The JL usually starts the song order over from the beginning if it sets for more than a few minutes.
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
JeepCares

Thedude42

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator sport S
mine is horrible, with lagging is anyone still lagging or did anyone figure out why it does it? Just started doing searches for upgrading to 7 inch

Sponsored

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator diesel, 1977 cj5 LS swapped
Mine is doing it also. Sometimes it takes 40 seconds to respond to my selection

Thedude42

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator sport S
Mine is doing it also. Sometimes it takes 40 seconds to respond to my selection
yeah its getting pretty annoying, is there a update to fix this or do they just lag

OP
OP

Johnnyboy110

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator sport
I talked to Jeep and they said that they want to open a case on this issue. I haven’t had a chance to take it in yet but I think it should be a good time to take it seeings how every dealer is slow due to this virus. Maybe I’ll make an appointment next week so we can get this fixed
Sponsored