Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator & 2021 Jeep JL Wrangler
Occupation
Retired LEO
My question is two-part actually. One...I, like many people, have the ridiculous 5” touchscreen radio with Uconnect 3.
Jeep Gladiator 5” touchscreen with Apple CarPlay? 28175E6A-83F1-48DC-A9D3-B3D878318F4A
When I ordered my Gladiator I didn’t understand that the 5” didn’t come with Apple CarPlay. Is there a software upgrade available or coming in 2022 that will give these radios Apple CarPlay?
Scondly, the 5” radios from the Compass and Renegade has an “Apps” button in the lower right and has CarPlay.
Jeep Gladiator 5” touchscreen with Apple CarPlay? 9A0DD48D-907C-4D78-892C-8FC2FDAD30FA
They are cheap and readily available on eBay. Are these radios compatible with our Gladiators?
Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Shaqeroni

Shaqeroni

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator & 2021 Jeep JL Wrangler
Occupation
Retired LEO
Not entirely sure on compatibility but a handful of 7in radios have come up in the forums sale section over the last couple months. I bet if you wated for after a couple holidays youd see one for sale.

edit:

here is one in the audio section for sale now

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/7-inch-headunit-and-bezel.49208/
Thank you! That is cheaper than I have seen a 7” radio before. A definite consideration. The 5” ones on eBay are going for $150 and a blind assumption is that they would work but they may not. I am hoping for a Uconnect 3-5 software upgrade but rarely is anything free in this world. Thanks for your response!

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you! That is cheaper than I have seen a 7” radio before. A definite consideration. The 5” ones on eBay are going for $150 and a blind assumption is that they would work but they may not. I am hoping for a Uconnect 3-5 software upgrade but rarely is anything free in this world. Thanks for your response!
Best of luck!

if its cheap and feasible id jump at it. Its less than likely youll see a meaningful upgrade to the radio software without a cost associated. And even then it’s usually something dumb they should have fixed anyway.

plus with the whole semiconductor shortage im wondering if you wont see second hand radio prices increasing at some point.

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
I seriously doubt you'll see a software update for Uconnect 3 to Uconnect 5 that'll include wireless CarPlay, as there's additional hardware needed.

Kevin

jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2019 Cherokee KL 2020 Gladiator JT
My question is two-part actually. One...I, like many people, have the ridiculous 5” touchscreen radio with Uconnect 3.
Jeep Gladiator 5” touchscreen with Apple CarPlay? 9A0DD48D-907C-4D78-892C-8FC2FDAD30FA
When I ordered my Gladiator I didn’t understand that the 5” didn’t come with Apple CarPlay. Is there a software upgrade available or coming in 2022 that will give these radios Apple CarPlay?
Scondly, the 5” radios from the Compass and Renegade has an “Apps” button in the lower right and has CarPlay.
They are cheap and readily available on eBay. Are these radios compatible with our Gladiators?
That radio won't fit, it's too deep. The JL/JT radios are physically (and mentally?) shallow. If you buy a used factory radio, make sure you can get an activation code. It ties the radio to your VIN.
Sponsored