Sponsored

5/13/21 Tazer Update

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
So, coming home from Ouray I had my brake and ABS light up like Cheech and Chong in a Vw Bus. Only happens when you mash down on the pedal hard at light a stoplight. Did some digging online and found this thread: Flashing ABS Warning

Needless to say...heart attack averted. My ABS does not need service. New Tazer Feature. Could probably be used to scare spouse into thinking money needs to be spent on JT.

If you have a Tazer, you may encounter this. If you knew about it. Sweet. If not, hope I can save you the stress.

and-now-you-know.jpg
Sponsored

Hostile4Jeeps

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
In your video you said if you let off and hit the brake it goes away. Did you mean accelerator instead?

OP
OP
DocMike

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education

Sponsored

be77solo

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Sport 6-MT, '19 Cadillac XT4
And just to clarify, this is different than the "Line Lock" feature that you can enable live? I've still yet to try it, but there is a smokey burnout with my kiddo in the future one of these days ha.

I need to pull mine and update it one of these days.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
It is a great new feature for me. I call it the "golf cart emergency brake" - because it works like a golf cart. For those of us with a manual transmission, it is fantastic ! You basically come to a stop with your foot on the brake, then, when you stop, you mash it down and it sets all four wheel discs to stop. The brake disengages when you touch the gas pedal again. It is a great feature.

1. When you are four wheeling and you do not want the truck to roll back, you just mash the brake to initiate the golf cart emergency brake.

2. With a stick, it is great at stop lights on hills or stop and go traffic.

3. It only works with your seat belt on. If you take your seat belt off while it is engaged, it will disengage --- so, be careful if you engage it on a hill and take your seat belt off to get out. That would be a mistake !

4. If your truck is hot inside from the sun, and you have to stay stationary, you can set the golf cart brake, and put "winch mode on" to raise your idle and get the air conditioning to cool the truck off faster... but, remember, you cannot touch the gas pedal with your foot or the golf cart brake will disengage, so, you have to use "winch mode".

Deleted member 30519

Where's the Gladiator update option under z automotive? All I see is the JL

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah my heart stopped when the TAZER Brake Hold activated and I heard the chime and the ABS light go on.

I e-mailed the developers and they said it's totally normal and your not the only one that's freaking out.

Sponsored

Elkcreekjeep

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
It is a great new feature for me. I call it the "golf cart emergency brake" - because it works like a golf cart. For those of us with a manual transmission, it is fantastic ! You basically come to a stop with your foot on the brake, then, when you stop, you mash it down and it sets all four wheel discs to stop. The brake disengages when you touch the gas pedal again. It is a great feature.

1. When you are four wheeling and you do not want the truck to roll back, you just mash the brake to initiate the golf cart emergency brake.

2. With a stick, it is great at stop lights on hills or stop and go traffic.

3. It only works with your seat belt on. If you take your seat belt off while it is engaged, it will disengage --- so, be careful if you engage it on a hill and take your seat belt off to get out. That would be a mistake !

4. If your truck is hot inside from the sun, and you have to stay stationary, you can set the golf cart brake, and put "winch mode on" to raise your idle and get the air conditioning to cool the truck off faster... but, remember, you cannot touch the gas pedal with your foot or the golf cart brake will disengage, so, you have to use "winch mode".
while I can see the utility of this option, I can also see how the intricacies could be momentarily overlooked and a mistake could result, potentially catastrophic… golf cart emergency break with care!

OP
OP
DocMike

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Education
Feel you, man. Mine did the same.

Yeah my heart stopped when the TAZER Brake Hold activated and I heard the chime and the ABS light go on.

I e-mailed the developers and they said it's totally normal and your not the only one that's freaking out.

OP
OP
DocMike

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Education
I think they are the same. I think. I'll defer to another that knows better.
Glad I started this. Apparently others had the same scare.

Where's the Gladiator update option under z automotive? All I see is the JL

andrew8404

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Paramedic
OMG, thank yoU! This answers everything ha ha.