Sponsored

5.13s go in tomorrow!

zncram

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Firecracker Red
Scheduled to get 5.13s installed tomorrow and can't wait! 4.10s are "fine" with the 37s but the truck needs something steeper especially when towing. I went with the Yukon master kit and the Y.E.S. warranty from Randy's Ring and Pinion. They are great folks to deal with and very knowledgeable. Question I do have is out side of making sure to follow break in procedure is there anything I need to look for or be leery of after install is finished? This is my first time have a job of this scale done to a vehicle of mine and although I trust the shop doing the work I want to be sure its done 100% correctly. Thanks in advance for any input.
Sponsored

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
Scheduled to get 5.13s installed tomorrow and can't wait! 4.10s are "fine" with the 37s but the truck needs something steeper especially when towing. I went with the Yukon master kit and the Y.E.S. warranty from Randy's Ring and Pinion. They are great folks to deal with and very knowledgeable. Question I do have is out side of making sure to follow break in procedure is there anything I need to look for or be leery of after install is finished? This is my first time have a job of this scale done to a vehicle of mine and although I trust the shop doing the work I want to be sure its done 100% correctly. Thanks in advance for any input.
You will love it ! The power increase from the torque multiplication is fantastic. It feels as fast as stock. Mine went in flawlessly. The only thing I would add is - Before you pay go for a ride and get on a straight road and check that the lockers are working. Note: I also got my new front driveshaft installed at the same time.

Reactions: JT1

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Nice!! I just got my truck back from regearing to 4.88. 4.10’s are not “fine” haha

Sponsored

NGNERD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 LE Gladiator Rubicon GCM
Nice!! I just got my truck back from regearing to 4.88. 4.10’s are not “fine” haha
Can I ask where in VA you had this done? Thank you

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Can I ask where in VA you had this done? Thank you
I had it done at Bull Run 4x4 in Haymarket. Im very happy with them.

NGNERD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 LE Gladiator Rubicon GCM
I had it done at Bull Run 4x4 in Haymarket. Im very happy with them.
Thank you, I will use this tip unless I find another source here in South West. Appreciate the response, enjoy your gears

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
What was the cost of the installl with parts and labor? My local shop quoted me $2100 for Yukon 5.13 in both ends with master install kits and a 500 mile service.

Sponsored

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Thank you, I will use this tip unless I find another source here in South West. Appreciate the response, enjoy your gears
I went as far west as Winchester WV; and as far south as middle NC. Guy in NC was a little cheaper but Bull Run gives a lifetime warranty. Im $2500 all in; Dana gears with master bearings kits, lucas oil, and the 500-1000mi check and refil. Its the best i could find in the area. I was getting quotes at $3500

OP
OP
zncram

zncram

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What was the cost of the installl with parts and labor? My local shop quoted me $2100 for Yukon 5.13 in both ends with master install kits and a 500 mile service.
I have an account with Randy’s ring and pinion and bought the kit for $800 and a local off road shop here installed it for $575 I will take it back after 500 miles and have it inspected and fluid changed for another $100

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
I have an account with Randy’s ring and pinion and bought the kit for $800 and a local off road shop here installed it for $575 I will take it back after 500 miles and have it inspected and fluid changed for another $100
You must be kin to the shop owner!
the quote I got seemed high but $575 in labor you paid is definetly well below typical pricing. Good for you! I’m going with 5.13 as well for my 37s. Still undecided on lockers. Not many options. ARBs will cost me an additional $3000 when it’s all said and done.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
You must be kin to the shop owner!
the quote I got seemed high but $575 in labor you paid is definetly well below typical pricing. Good for you! I’m going with 5.13 as well for my 37s. Still undecided on lockers. Not many options. ARBs will cost me an additional $3000 when it’s all said and done.
Its a much cheaper job if you use off brand parts or just do the ring and pinion and not the whole kit. There are many people/shops that dont think the full bearing kit is required. I cant say for sure whether it is ir not, i just chose to do the whole kit because it seemed like the “right” way. 🤷🏼‍♂️

OP
OP
zncram

zncram

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Its a much cheaper job if you use off brand parts or just do the ring and pinion and not the whole kit. There are many people/shops that dont think the full bearing kit is required. I cant say for sure whether it is ir not, i just chose to do the whole kit because it seemed like the “right” way. 🤷🏼‍♂️
This was a master kit install... bearings seals, ring pinion etc. Yukon part number YGK069
Sponsored