First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Process operator
Ok I'm just curious has anyone looked into replacing the 3.6 with a 5.7 hemi . I just bought a 2021 mojave . Ik a jeep isnt suppose to be fast but I was looking for atleast a passing speed. They mentioned the 6.2 but it's still a few years from getting done . I really dont want to trade it in for a Raptor are a trx but that's my next option i manage a can get a 5.7 professionally install for 10grand
Sponsored

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
Ok I'm just curious has anyone looked into replacing the 3.6 with a 5.7 hemi . I just bought a 2021 mojave . Ik a jeep isnt suppose to be fast but I was looking for atleast a passing speed. They mentioned the 6.2 but it's still a few years from getting done . I really dont want to trade it in for a Raptor are a trx but that's my next option i manage a can get a 5.7 professionally install for 10grand
There’s a whole sub forum about it: https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/forums/engine-swaps.98/

foxman350

First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I’m still in my break in period, and it’s super icy everywhere but when I have clear roads this thing gets up and goes, not sportscar like, but not scared of pulling out

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
Like you said the Jeep isn't meant to be fast...the trucks you mentioned that seem to have the power you want (TRX and Raptor) are meant to be fast trucks. As mentioned above there's an entire section dedicated to engine swaps that may be worth checking out.

TYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I pass slower traffic in my Overland on steep highway grades all the time... while pulling my loaded 5x8 dump trailer. Put your foot in it!

Sponsored

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
try about $35k for a Hemi swap done professionally minimum. Add some axles and other goodies and you will be see how fast you can spend $75k.

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
Hemi in a Gladiator? Never heard of it and don't think it can be done.......
then you have no imagination. If you dream it, it can be done.

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.overlandvehicledynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
1991 JEEP YJ, 2021 JTR Ecodiesel
Occupation
Specialty Off Road Shop Owner
then you have no imagination. If you dream it, it can be done.
I was obviously joking...... A quick search would have netted any number of hemi swap threads including one where the owner is in the middle of a 5.7 swap right now.

I just get tired of the redundant questions from people who are too lazy to use the search before cluttering with yet another thread.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Are you kidding - not fast? Mine is no slouch. I've said it before - but here it is again - last fall Iowa had a national record derecho come through. We were in Ames when the lady my wife was talking to on the phone suddenly said "get the heck out of here, go find shelter!" and explained the warnings coming across. Massive winds, destruction visible from the satellites. We lived an hour away and my wife said no way were we "staying and finding shelter". And she asked how fast I could get us back. We hit I80 and she kept saying "faster, faster" and we passed literally, no kidding, every vehicle we came across as we watched that storm on her phone and the JT's screen. They were talking the storm had winds in excess of 70 mph. We saw the BLACK clouds approaching from the west and I was passing everything - trucks, semis, cars, whatever and she said hurry - how fast can we go without having a wreck. (I felt like saying until we hit the governed speed.........)
We'd get to a spot where two vehicles were almost side-by-side in front of us and my wife would say "get around them!" - so as quick as there was enough space to get through and not wipe anyone out - we did.
We got within 12 miles of home and saw highway signs blowing across the road, the air was black with dirt and tree limbs big enough to damage the truck were flying. When you want them to, these things can SCOOT.
We got home to find no power, and the wind had all but flatted all of the decorations and plants in the yard.
Yeah, a V8 might be nice - but I've had V8 trucks and oddly, I don't feel this is lacking - unless I have my trailer on behind then it's lacking.
If I want to get up to 100 mph in 12 seconds or less, I take my car out - but for a TRUCK, a JEEP, this ain't bad, really.
I mean, really - how often would one NEED the power of a hemi in it - isn't that all just because if feels good, some bragging rights, show, whatever, and not really necessary?

Reported as a "many miles wide tornado", winds hit 100 or so in areas.
When we were warned, we were where the highway 30 sign is on this pic,
We live just east of where the word "Des Moines" is -

Jeep Gladiator 5.7l swap? derecho-1-NWS-Des-Moines

Jeep Gladiator 5.7l swap? grainelevator_1

Corn.................
Jeep Gladiator 5.7l swap? iowa-derecho-crops-2-Getty-Images

Last edited:

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Are you kidding - not fast? Mine is no slouch. I've said it before - but here it is again - last fall Iowa had a national record derecho come through. We were in Ames when the lady my wife was talking to on the phone suddenly said "get the heck out of here, go find shelter!" and explained the warnings coming across. Massive winds, destruction visible from the satellites. We lived an hour away and my wife said no way were we "staying and finding shelter". And she asked how fast I could get us back. We hit I80 and she kept saying "faster, faster" and we passed literally, no kidding, every vehicle we came across as we watched that storm on her phone and the JT's screen. They were talking the storm had winds in excess of 70 mph. We saw the BLACK clouds approaching from the west and I was passing everything - trucks, semis, cars, whatever and she said hurry - how fast can we go without having a wreck. (I felt like saying until we hit the governed speed.........)
We'd get to a spot where two vehicles were almost side-by-side in front of us and my wife would say "get around them!" - so as quick as there was enough space to get through and not wipe anyone out - we did.
We got within 12 miles of home and saw highway signs blowing across the road, the air was black with dirt and tree limbs big enough to damage the truck were flying. When you want them to, these things can SCOOT.
We got home to find no power, and the wind had all but flatted all of the decorations and plants in the yard.
Yeah, a V8 might be nice - but I've had V8 trucks and oddly, I don't feel this is lacking - unless I have my trailer on behind then it's lacking.
If I want to get up to 100 mph in 12 seconds or less, I take my car out - but for a TRUCK, a JEEP, this ain't bad, really.
I mean, really - how often would one NEED the power of a hemi in it - isn't that all just because if feels good, some bragging rights, show, whatever, and not really necessary?
scary story. Glad you made it home alright. I don't think "necessary" is the proper term here :). That being said for a Mojave that goes into the desert a HEMI would multiply the fun factor. I liked the 3.6L until I Iifted my JTR and put heavier tires on. After that it not only dropped MPG into V8 territory but engine also ran 2K rpms higher on everything. I think the 3.6 is fine though and perfectly adequate especially with the 8 speed. It is a bit boring though for a truck that is arguably more a toy than anything

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
I was obviously joking...... A quick search would have netted any number of hemi swap threads including one where the owner is in the middle of a 5.7 swap right now.

I just get tired of the redundant questions from people who are too lazy to use the search before cluttering with yet another thread.
Lol, yes I know you were joking. Your comment was funny. I was joking as well.

Matt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU
I have a 5.7L Hemi with a manual transmission in my JT.
I think it’s perfect, should come from the factory like that. Plenty of power for passing, etc, but not ridiculous.
I had a 6.4L in a JK-8 conversion a couple years ago. It was fast and fun to drive!
Sometimes I miss the extra power, but I think the 5.7L is better for a daily driver. Nice not having to feed it the high octane gas too!
Jeep Gladiator 5.7l swap? 236AD5E0-F540-45D4-ACAC-A422F0EF4591

OP
OP

Jr3883

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Process operator
I have a 5.7L Hemi with a manual transmission in my JT.
I think it’s perfect, should come from the factory like that. Plenty of power for passing, etc, but not ridiculous.
I had a 6.4L in a JK-8 conversion a couple years ago. It was fast and fun to drive!
Sometimes I miss the extra power, but I think the 5.7L is better for a daily driver. Nice not having to feed it the high octane gas too!
Jeep Gladiator 5.7l swap? 236AD5E0-F540-45D4-ACAC-A422F0EF4591
That's absolutely perfect may I ask roughly how much and where did you get the work done
Sponsored