5% Below Invoice Pricing for Gladiator!!!

1. Casique

Casique Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Thanos
    Vehicle(s):
    2011 FLHX, 2017 Acura MDX, 2006 Volvo C70
    Liked:
    Navy CCU had 1.99% for 60 months a while back.

2. Drewellis93

Drewellis93 Active Member

First Name:
    Drew
    Vehicle(s):
    2011 Ford F-150 FX4, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon (on order)
    Liked:
    Finance through Travis for the additional 1% and then re-finance. I can get 2.24% for 54 months with my credit union. If one of his contacts can match that rate, great. If not, I still get the additional 1% and can refinance the next week.

3. bangolia

bangolia Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Bryan
    Vehicle(s):
    2014 JKU
    Liked:
    I think they require 6 months of financing through them. Even if it’s not a requirement, they only get the kick back from the bank after xx weeks or months. Have a conversation with them. He’s booking us up make sure you hook him up too.

Hootbro likes this.
  4. Salmanilla

Salmanilla Member

First Name:
    Russ
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
    Liked:
    Sure looks like he is offering great deals, but he only as 2 Gladiators in inventory.

Whats with that?

Sal

5. biggdave92

biggdave92 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    JKR 10A
    Liked:
    People jump on good deals. They move metal.

6. Hootbro

Hootbro Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
    Liked:
    #111 Jul 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
    That is the conundrum of who is going to take it in the shorts on basically a average $600 or so savings for that 1% price reduction?

Nothing legally stops a buyer after the fact to refinance the next day but as you mentioned, Travis and the dealership loose out of their kickback from the initial finance. I doubt the waiting 6 months before refinance would have that big of a difference in charged interest for the 6 months of amortization to just give the dealership their bone before refinance.

jhale1800 likes this.
  7. Drewellis93

Drewellis93 Active Member

First Name:
    Drew
    Vehicle(s):
    2011 Ford F-150 FX4, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon (on order)
    Liked:
    I have no problem with that.

8. Renegade

Renegade Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Zac
    Vehicle(s):
    '15 JK
    Liked:
    They are a small dealer in a small town. They do high volume through big discounts on special ordered Jeeps. I’ve heard that he has over 100 sold Gladiator orders.

Hootbro likes this.
  9. thepriest555

thepriest555 New Member

Vehicle(s):
    2020 Jeep Gladiator
    Liked:
    I picked up my Firecracker Rubicon yesterday from Travis. I highly recommend using them for the convenience and the upfront/great pricing. If I have any complaints it's 1) Email responses are slow if you are lucky to get a reply. 2) No follow-ups. Didn't provide VIN or status of build until I called 6 weeks after I ordered to find out my truck was already at the Winston-Salem rail yard and would be ready to be picked up in the next few days. 3) Their phone system sucks. You get dropped from their automated answering system constantly. You have to call usually about a dozen times before making it past their automated answering system.

I label these as complaints, but they're more to provide realistic expectations. In some ways, it was nice not having to deal with a salesman calling or bothering me the whole time. But when I was trying to arrange a day to pick the truck up so I can make arrangements at work, it was a little annoying not getting responses to my email and having to spam call them to finally get someone on the line. For the amount of discount on the truck, I'm okay with the lower level of service. For any other vehicle, I might have walked away due to the service. In fact, I actually cancelled an order with a local Raleigh dealer because of their service (and before knowing about tri-city's discounts).

With all that said, it was probably the easiest vehicle purchase I've made and would recommend Tri-city for the below invoice pricing and ease of purchase. However, without the discount, I'd be unhappy with the level of service.

10. Scouser

Scouser Member

First Name:
    Devlin
    Vehicle(s):
    Jeep Grand Cherokee
    Liked:
    Fed. Government & Melicore Studios
    Travis has been very straight forward with me so far. Emails I normally get back in a few days but I also don't mind because I know he has to deal with local sales on top of people trying to buy from him like us, but with other Jeeps models also. The colors I want are not available yet, so I missed out on the 7% earlier in the year, but I plan to get the 5%. My local dealer (in Raleigh also, Brier creek area) doesn't want to budge on price, gives a lower trade in value than Travis by a little, but every penny counts, and never even offered me a test drive. Just wanted to talk about money and when I told him exactly what I wanted and asked about custom order he kept showing me inventory and saying, well this one is close to what you want. Then one of the salesman told me $2k to custom order...I laughed and left. Sorry, not acceptable. I want what I want don't try to sway me with over priced, dealer option crap. Travis may not be the dealer 8 minutes from my house, but he is at least upfront and honest, willing to order what you want and give a darn good price. I hope that in about a month I am on the phone paying my deposit with his dealership.

thepriest555, Hootbro and ralphtt like this.