5 Year Ceramic Coat

dfwxjer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 dr JKRX, Navigator L, 63 Impala SS, Lexus CT200h
I got my Mojave ceramic coated last weekend using a 5 year crystal serum light coating.

The shop I went to was able to do a 2 stage paint correction to polish out some tree pinstriping and just did a heck of a job making my Jeep look better than new. It’s been a delight to power wash off grime, mud, and pollen.

Has anyone else professional ceramic coated their Gladiator?
Jeep Gladiator 5 Year Ceramic Coat 51CDE965-DC57-41EA-BB55-63DB59138D32
Jeep Gladiator 5 Year Ceramic Coat 533F230B-643C-4562-A591-5702898F822E
Jeep Gladiator 5 Year Ceramic Coat 4EA28582-6601-4A78-BD44-29C283D88F86
Sponsored

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
No, I do it all myself for 2K less than what they charge people. I have to do it every 2 years but works just as good. It is sweet though, cars always shiny, no water spots and dirt just washes away.

darksidedesign

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave in Gator
Occupation
Graphic Designer / Illustrator
No, I do it all myself for 2K less than what they charge people. I have to do it every 2 years but works just as good. It is sweet though, cars always shiny, no water spots and dirt just washes away.
What product do you use?

Eric Kern

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition Bright White (stock) / 2009 Harley Davidson Night Train / 2021 Yamaha GP1800R Riva Racing Stage 1+
I was teetering with the idea of getting It done, should have just did It on day one, now the amount of paint correction is gonna make the outrageous cost even more cost prohibitive.
The Mojave looks great by the way…

was also looking Into undercoatings as well…also expensive..,

Sponsored

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical

Green_Gladiator

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 22 NX350 F-Sport
Occupation
Commercial HVAC
Did the Opti-Coat Cermaic 5yr. Love it .. no regrets!

OP
OP

dfwxjer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went with the Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light which is good for 5 years. It was way less than $2k for the clay bar, 2 stage paint correction, and warrantied ceramic coating.

I was curious about the Avalon King stuff but I usually suck with cosmetic work so I left it with the pro. I do agree it's amazing to walk out and consistently see perfect finish.

I was teetering with the idea of getting It done, should have just did It on day one, now the amount of paint correction is gonna make the outrageous cost even more cost prohibitive.
The Mojave looks great by the way…

was also looking Into undercoatings as well…also expensive..,
Thanks! My friends and I made the mistake of turning down a side by side trail the last time we went wheeling and we all ended up with some pretty bad scratches all over our Jeeps. The detailer I went to charged $1100 all-in for clay bar, 2 stage correction, and ceramic on all painted surfaces as well as glass, wheels and tires.

The downside is now I am really hesitant to take it back out :facepalm::crying:

Eric Kern

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition Bright White (stock) / 2009 Harley Davidson Night Train / 2021 Yamaha GP1800R Riva Racing Stage 1+
I went with the Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light which is good for 5 years. It was way less than $2k for the clay bar, 2 stage paint correction, and warrantied ceramic coating.

I was curious about the Avalon King stuff but I usually suck with cosmetic work so I left it with the pro. I do agree it's amazing to walk out and consistently see perfect finish.

Thanks! My friends and I made the mistake of turning down a side by side trail the last time we went wheeling and we all ended up with some pretty bad scratches all over our Jeeps. The detailer I went to charged $1100 all-in for clay bar, 2 stage correction, and ceramic on all painted surfaces as well as glass, wheels and tires.

Shit for $1100 I dont see how you could turn that down, from you’re profile I’m assuming DFW means you’re in Texas?!? I’m in CT, they are shooting at least 50% more if not double for the same work…

Sponsored

KHam

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I did the ceramic coat on my Raptor when I bought it. Went straight from the dealer to the business that does them and I told the dealership NOT to wash or clean it. It looked absolutely awesome. For the Jeep though, I wanted to do the self-healing 3M Expel wrap instead. More expensive but almost as shiny and pretty much scratch proof. That or a wrap. I ended up procrastinating and not doing it but wish I had. You don't have to worry about pinstriping it on trails with that stuff.

OP
OP

dfwxjer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shit for $1100 I dont see how you could turn that down, from you’re profile I’m assuming DFW means you’re in Texas?!? I’m in CT, they are shooting at least 50% more if not double for the same work…
Yup, I'm in DFW however I drove up to Wichita, KS to a detailer that came highly recommended. Definitely worth the drive. I went through a ton of construction and thunderstorms the whole way home and just power washed it all off in less than 2 minutes. Still looks just as good.

For what he charged I tipped him well and definitely appreciate the 20 hours he spent on the paint correction

I did the ceramic coat on my Raptor when I bought it. Went straight from the dealer to the business that does them and I told the dealership NOT to wash or clean it. It looked absolutely awesome. For the Jeep though, I wanted to do the self-healing 3M Expel wrap instead. More expensive but almost as shiny and pretty much scratch proof. That or a wrap. I ended up procrastinating and not doing it but wish I had. You don't have to worry about pinstriping it on trails with that stuff.

I have to admit I wish I had gone with the self healing PPF for the exact same reasons. I'm definitely going to be much more cognizant of tree branches and such in the future.

For now the Mojave will continue on with desert runs to New Mexico, and normal wide open trails.

iammacey

First Name
Macey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT4, Fiesta ST, Gladiator LE
My GT4, Fiesta ST, my mom's Honda Odyssey, my sister-in-laws Lexus and my girlfriends Cayman T are all coated using CSL and Exo.

I'll do the Gladiator next year.

Applying CSL and Exo are not difficult. Prepping the paint is the more challenging component. And if you don't have all the equipment can certainly get very expensive. Once you have all the stuff, the actual application is not that difficult. Proper lighting helps to ensure you get it all off, otherwise it's pretty straightforward.

I also use C5 on the wheels, which holds up pretty well.

Keep in mind, coatings do nothing to protect from chips and scratches. It's a great, longer term, protection product. The real work is in the paint correction.

OP
OP

dfwxjer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My GT4, Fiesta ST, my mom's Honda Odyssey, my sister-in-laws Lexus and my girlfriends Cayman T are all coated using CSL and Exo.

I'll do the Gladiator next year.

Applying CSL and Exo are not difficult. Prepping the paint is the more challenging component. And if you don't have all the equipment can certainly get very expensive. Once you have all the stuff, the actual application is not that difficult. Proper lighting helps to ensure you get it all off, otherwise it's pretty straightforward.

I also use C5 on the wheels, which holds up pretty well.

Keep in mind, coatings do nothing to protect from chips and scratches. It's a great, longer term, protection product. The real work is in the paint correction.

Agreed on the application. The ceramic coating was maybe an hour total, while the paint correction was around 20 hours. His shop had some excellent LED lighting to cover every angle in high detail. It was pretty cool to watch the paint come alive with every step.

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical

Its super easy to do! Wipe on and buff off with a towel. I exaggerated a bit but it was like $400 when it was new and there are shops charging an unreal amount to do it, pure profit. I don’t fault you for having them do it, I’m sure it looks amazing. I did my own paint prep and it probably was nowhere near what an experienced pro could accomplish. But now that you have that done you can always do it yourself in 5 years for $100 lol
Sponsored