Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
500mi update:

Installed AWE exhaust yesterday and did some initial driving today.

it sounds awesome. Easily the best sounding exhaust Ive heard for a Jeep, and one of the better of any v6 out there period.

Install was super easy. Pic below has the tools required. I did chop the stock exhaust for my convenience, and the AWE was easy to clock into place. Did it by myself in 45min. It has sound, but isnt obnoxious. It purs at idle, and wont piss off your neighbors warming up in the driveway. Im looking forward to hearing how it settles and mellows over the first 1,000 or so miles. Did a video of me talking through while installed, and a couple of pulls. Its tucked up nice and high over the axle.

it does have some sound for sure. But Im impressed with how docile it is until you stand on it. Im pretty anti exhaust noise, so its my limit of what Im ok with, but it isnt tinny or raspy. Once some mileage gets on it, i expect it to settle down some more too.

Happy to grab something else on request.

Jeep Gladiator (500mi update)AWE trail tuck installed 37777DB6-6AF2-4DC0-BB07-23DC68F7723E
Jeep Gladiator (500mi update)AWE trail tuck installed 79645A01-9C21-4667-A856-143612C9A4B3
Jeep Gladiator (500mi update)AWE trail tuck installed 10C83EB1-28BF-4FCA-A167-01DD4B6C3991
Jeep Gladiator (500mi update)AWE trail tuck installed 6C87D9E8-68C9-4367-A642-46A1D4A1322E
Jeep Gladiator (500mi update)AWE trail tuck installed 8D120B16-07C0-45F1-9E68-9690D85A3E6F
Jeep Gladiator (500mi update)AWE trail tuck installed 8AF2B5B2-FA35-4FCE-92EC-BB8D0CA56185
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Appreciate the review and the in cab video of the sound @KurtP . This ones on my short list. Sounds great at idle and take off.
hope it helps. Its weird driving your jeep and going back and forth in your head wondering whether the b8 s4 sounds better or not.....

happy to grab any thing else. Someone over on jl asked about 2500 rpm

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Cool, did you purchase it at regular retail direct from AWE?

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Cool, did you purchase it at regular retail direct from AWE?
yes. Im not “sponsored”. im just an average joe. actually worked for one of AWE’s competitors about 20yrs ago. if youre looking for bias (which i get) the closest i can get for you is having a high opinion of awe exhausts for a long time. I never owned one on any previous build, but even when customers would come to our shop for software and other parts, sometimes theyd tell us they ordered an AWE exhaust to install with the work we would do, and we were just like “yeah...we get it.”

Last edited:

Sponsored

Eazye

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Information Technology
Looks like you are on 37s, are you regeared from the 4:10 gearing? I only ask this because I did an intake on my JKU running 3:73 and 35s and the “strain” on the motor from not being regeared caused the intake to be a bit louder than it normally would have been. Like anything, a bit of strain/bogging creates a different sound through the intake, I assume the same issue would occur with the exhaust as well because the engine is working harder.

That exhaust sounds great even if you aren’t regeared!

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Looks like you are on 37s, are you regeared from the 4:10 gearing? I only ask this because I did an intake on my JKU running 3:73 and 35s and the “strain” on the motor from not being regeared caused the intake to be a bit louder than it normally would have been. Like anything, a bit of strain/bogging creates a different sound through the intake, I assume the same issue would occur with the exhaust as well because the engine is working harder.

That exhaust sounds great even if you aren’t regeared!
sounds right to me. The exhaust seems to make noise more on engine load than revs. I am on 4.10’s; my 4.88’s go in next week And I’ll see if there is any change.

Sara/AWE

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Ambassador of Stoke
yes. Im not “sponsored”. im just an average joe.
In our morning meeting today it was a surprise to many to find out not only had these shipped to customers but that @KurtP had it installed and videos up. He really took the risk for the forum, although the AWE brand reputation mitigates that risk pretty well.

Bull Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sea-cups.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave Sting Grey. 2018 Audi S5
I appreciate the insight and effort to offer the review. Good stuff. I have a pretty entry level question. I did a borla cat back exhaust on an previous Audi V8. It was terrific so I am familiar with those set ups. I have been wondering about just replacing the muffler on the gladiator. Only goal is sound. I am convinced there are no performance gains to be had either way. Would replacing just the muffler sound like teenager garbage?

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
I appreciate the insight and effort to offer the review. Good stuff. I have a pretty entry level question. I did a borla cat back exhaust on an previous Audi V8. It was terrific so I am familiar with those set ups. I have been wondering about just replacing the muffler on the gladiator. Only goal is sound. I am convinced there are no performance gains to be had either way. Would replacing just the muffler sound like teenager garbage?
im not a sound frequency expert; i just know there is a lot that goes into making a good sounding exhaust (from any company) and ive never heard a muffler delete...on Anything...that have me more envy than ire. $.02

Sponsored

Bull Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sea-cups.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave Sting Grey. 2018 Audi S5
im not a sound frequency expert; i just know there is a lot that goes into making a good sounding exhaust (from any company) and ive never heard a muffler delete...on Anything...that have me more envy than ire. $.02
Agreed. It would be hard to believe that there is a hundred dollar short cut. Get what you pay for in life. Hey also, I haven't studied it closely but isn't there a trail and tread version. Is there a sound difference or just installation difference?

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Agreed. It would be hard to believe that there is a hundred dollar short cut. Get what you pay for in life. Hey also, I haven't studied it closely but isn't there a trail and tread version. Is there a sound difference or just installation difference?
i believe all gladiator systems are the same save for the tip (just the tip)

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
At 500mi with exhaust. Got under the truck to adjust the joints and clamps for some expansion, and its starting to nicey mellow a little. Cruise is toning down as is shift to shift, and its more “refined“ ill say at WOT. Going to check all the joints again at 1,000 and update again. 👌

mnf1fan

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Challenger Hellcat. 17' Grand Cherokee SRT, 2021 Mojave,Loaded.
For users of the AWE......No cabin drone ???
Thats always my fear of not using Borla or Corsa. Which I've used for decades on my street cars with great satisfaction.

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
ive not experienced any drone with it. Heck, at light load cruise you dont really hear it much at all. The delta in audible volume between cruising speed at WOT defies logic.
Sponsored

Last edited: