$50K ADM for the Bronco?

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Wow! That's insane, and no one should pay that price for an off roader without getting G-Wagen in return. Coincidentally, I saw my first Bronco (not Sport) in the wild today. It was a dark blue 4 door with the soft top down. In person, it looked very similar to a Wrangler, other than the grille. We were in my wife's JKU Wrangler, and I gave them a thumbs up. I wonder how quickly we'll start seeing more of these. For now, I'm happy with my jeeps, with no plans to leave the brand, but at least there's somewhere to go should that change when we want to buy again (but not at $112k)

sunrise089

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Higher Ed
I’m sure dealers will get it…for about a week. Bronco will be a high volume vehicle and so sooner rather than later there will be plenty to choose from. But for some people $50k to be first on the block (or more realistically first in their social media circle) with one is justifiable.

trailless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
They probably don't expect anyone to buy it at that price. If more people post and talk about it online, it's free publicity for them. Another thing to consider, is that they probably want to have it on the lot for a while longer so that more customers come in to look at it. Drives foot traffic to the dealer and more opportunity to sell other cars to those people. Honestly, it's not a bad idea.

Edit: also if someone buys it at that price, more power to the dealer...

OrangeTJ

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKUS, 05 Dodge 2500 CTD
I remember when the Dodge Viper first came out and our local Dodge Dealer had one in the showroom, surrounded by velvet ropes, with a $200,000 ADM sticker on it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
awraynor

awraynor

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Physician Assistant
They probably don't expect anyone to buy it at that price. If more people post and talk about it online, it's free publicity for them. Another thing to consider, is that they probably want to have it on the lot for a while longer so that more customers come in to look at it. Drives foot traffic to the dealer and more opportunity to sell other cars to those people. Honestly, it's not a bad idea.

Edit: also if someone buys it at that price, more power to the dealer...
Original post said it's sold already, but supposedly an affluent area. Way bigger budget than me I could put a V8 in the Gladiator with a lot of mods for that.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Means you can add a hefty ADM when you pull him out of wherever he gets stuck. :clap:

Just because you’re affluent, doesn’t mean you’re bright…

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
Dealers shouldn't even have inventory to sell right now. They have them due to shady tactics. Some are getting them due to reservation holders backing out. But not as many as you would think.

I just read about one person who's order came in. When they got to the dealer they were letting other people test drive it. Then when he went to finalize the paperwork the dealer decided to throw on a $30k adm. Told the buyer they have people willing to pay that so that is what they were going to sell it to him for. Like it or.

The Bronco is really bringing out the greed in some dealers.

Jonny A

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Bridge Construction and Maintenance
Dealers shouldn't even have inventory to sell right now. They have them due to shady tactics. Some are getting them due to reservation holders backing out. But not as many as you would think.

I just read about one person who's order came in. When they got to the dealer they were letting other people test drive it. Then when he went to finalize the paperwork the dealer decided to throw on a $30k adm. Told the buyer they have people willing to pay that so that is what they were going to sell it to him for. Like it or.

The Bronco is really bringing out the greed in some dealers.
I would bad mouth that dealer relentlessly had that happen to me. When it was ordered, didn't they already receive a price quote and have money put down? Once money is paid on down payment, it's like a hand shake, a deal. Who know legally, but ethically.

Sponsored

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
Someone on a boat forum I’m on recently sold a big Bronco for $12k over what he paid. He ordered it on reserve a year ago. Person he sold it to lifted it and put tires on it and sold it for $70k.

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
I would bad mouth that dealer relentlessly had that happen to me. When it was ordered, didn't they already receive a price quote and have money put down? Once money is paid on down payment, it's like a hand shake, a deal. Who know legally, but ethically.
The way it worked is $100 got your reservation last year. Then when order banks opened it was a free for all. Some dealers just ordered them for customers and others required deposits. Some even wanted credit approval before ordering. Well unfortunately in this situation there was no signed buyers agreement. Only a verbal promise that they would not sell over MSRP.

slowstang305

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
50k over for that motor? Pass. Maybe with a Coyote