First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Songwriter/Producer
Trying to put my 5th wheel in factory spare location but the plate that pulls it up isn’t quite wide enough. Keeps popping out as I winch it up. Anyone run into this? is there a replacement plate that’s longer or another solution? thanks

F5F56591-0DD5-4434-832F-4A715C81C239.jpeg

CDB6056B-61C4-47D8-BAD2-64F8DFD3FD5A.jpeg
Sponsored

Rollcast

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Measure the diameter of your hub and start searching for "hub reducing rings" or "reducing centering rings" that might work. Maybe someone else can think of some smarter key words that will help.

RedBearon

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Rollcast is on the right track!
Hub Centric Rings should get you some good search results.
They are hub-size to wheel-opening-size specific so do some googling or measuring.

These likely came with your wheels since that hub opening looks much bigger than our factory axles.

Without these hub-centering rings, it relies on the lugs to center the wheel.
There's usually too much tolerance built into the lug holes on the wheels for this to work, causing your wheel to be off center.
If your wheels aren't lug centric and don't have them on the other 4, I suggest getting them.

For the spare though, you could rely on the hub centric ring which is made of plastic, or you could look into having someone fab some extensions or even a circular plate (think barbell weight) to better distribute the weight.

Hope that helps!

OP
OP
PaulRubi

PaulRubi

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Songwriter/Producer
Rollcast is on the right track!
Hub Centric Rings should get you some good search results.
They are hub-size to wheel-opening-size specific so do some googling or measuring.

These likely came with your wheels since that hub opening looks much bigger than our factory axles.

Without these hub-centering rings, it relies on the lugs to center the wheel.
There's usually too much tolerance built into the lug holes on the wheels for this to work, causing your wheel to be off center.
If your wheels aren't lug centric and don't have them on the other 4, I suggest getting them.

For the spare though, you could rely on the hub centric ring which is made of plastic, or you could look into having someone fab some extensions or even a circular plate (think barbell weight) to better distribute the weight.

Hope that helps!

very helpful. looking into this. thanks!
Sponsored