First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction, Gold Mining, Surface Engineer
The last paragraph at the bottom is boss…and your book too is recommended to follow. The end user is always the one that pays.

If all the data was made public and posted so us technical types could study and be convinced running 0/20 is a mistake not to make “under any circumstances” then those studies are of public interest and should be put out there.

This company can’t stand on a a soap box and make these statements to never use what the book states with nothing to show for it. It’s dangerous and reckless. Any statement can be made and put on paper but we are proof seekers and these engines are expensive.

Last edited:
OP
OP
River2016

River2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 sport s - 2018 Gx460 - 1992 SC400
Occupation
Construction
I possess a comprehensive understanding of the explicit and implicit meaning conveyed in the statement. Prior to engaging in this matter, I ensured my financial capacity to assume responsibility for any potential repercussions, fully aware that there would be no third-party protection. I would appreciate hearing individuals' opinions regarding the substantive details of the mechanic information.

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
You found the right place for opinions. What is your interest/experience in this specific topic? You run, or want to run a SC or trailer or do other heavy uses?

To add to my first opinion, and then I’ll shut up, if I was to run a SC or demand heavy use of my 3.6L engine which would require me to run 5/40, I’d rebuild it first and upgrade all the components in that engine first and then work it hard.

OP
OP
River2016

River2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Construction
So I have Ripp supercharger and shop. That is the install and custom tune I called them after reading this yesterday, and they said they had put the recommended oil from my manual back in. I am only at 2600 miles in and after reading the document for my kit I was going to drain what they had install and run. What was on that letter.

i have read the majority of the oil threads and rat blog. Just nothing specific to this

Sponsored

OP
OP
River2016

River2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Construction
So I have Ripp supercharger and shop. That is the install and custom tune I called them after reading this yesterday, and they said they had put the recommended oil from my manual back in. I am only at 2600 miles in and after reading the document for my kit I was going to drain what they had install and run. What was on that letter.

i have read the majority of the oil threads and rat blog. Just nothing specific to this
Fwiw no issues with kit and to answer your question no towing just dd and I still haven’t given 100 percent throttle. I just enjoy the way it drives now and the extra when I need it

OP
OP
River2016

River2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Construction
Also I haven’t seen oil temp hit 220 but once thus far so not running hot

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Great starting info to know where you’re at. I certainly appreciate knowing. You mentioned you haven’t changed the oil yet but I assume you’re ready to pull the trigger soon, do yourself a SOLID and get an analysis done of that first oil for your records and keep doing those reports as you go down this journey. It is imperative to watch the trends and it’s the easiest way to know how your oil change up from 0/20 to thicker (whatever you choose) is doing for the internals. This is where you don’t want opinions. Good luck my friend, I’ll be watching this.

OP
OP
River2016

River2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Construction
Oh yes my friend I have the blackstone labs kit ready to go. We are on the same page.

Sponsored

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
There's a lot I don't get about that "bulletin". It literally says "do exactly what we say, regardless of what the engine calls for, and if something goes wrong we have absolutely nothing to do with it."

I guess the moral of the story with RIPP is that once installed, nobody will ever support your truck again. That being said, do whatever you want because it won't matter in the end!

OP
OP
River2016

River2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Construction
I do not get the 6 quart recommendation? Does the supercharger not have it's own separate oiling capacity?
yea that is the type of feedback I was looking for. It’s a self oiled system and runs the vortech oil. I didn’t understand the 6 qt part either unless you are out doing time trials.

OP
OP
River2016

River2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Construction
There's a lot I don't get about that "bulletin". It literally says "do exactly what we say, regardless of what the engine calls for, and if something goes wrong we have absolutely nothing to do with it."

I guess the moral of the story with RIPP is that once installed, nobody will ever support your truck again. That being said, do whatever you want because it won't matter in the end!
Yes I am aware of that.

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
I guess what I was getting at was combined with @Maximus Gladius's post here...
If all the data was made public and posted so us technical types could study and be convinced running 0/20 is a mistake not to make “under any circumstances” then those studies are of public interest and should be put out there.

This company can’t stand on a a soap box and make these statements to never use what the book states with nothing to show for it. It’s dangerous and reckless. Any statement can be made and put on paper but we are proof seekers and these engines are expensive.
...we have nothing to actually look at in terms of oil performance since they shared none of it. So it's hard to say. They could be talking out their asses with feelings and conjecture, or they could actually have some kind of proof of their claims. But those are extremely bold claims to make without anything backing them up. And nobody as of yet has shown that using any oil, 5w-40 or otherwise, over 0w-20 will improve anything in the engine.

So with that in mind, there's little substantive information to actually go on, and RIPP's document sadly doesn't help in that discussion at all. It's no better or reliable than the details in a random forum post which I know you've seen many. It's going to come down to which one makes you feel better.
Sponsored