First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Thanks for the reply. You’re running the same size lift, wheels and tires I want to run (except I want 4.5 - 5” of backspacing).
Same color Jeep too I’m just waiting for the diesel.

do you have any pics of the wheel well clearances? I’d like to get away with not splitting the fenders

also do you happen to know how tall the tires are when mounted on the Jeep?
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
JTjeeper

JTjeeper

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Thanks for the reply. You’re running the same size lift, wheels and tires I want to run (except I want 4.5 backspacing). Same color Jeep too I’m just waiting for the diesel.

do you have any pics of the wheel well clearances? I’d like to get away with not splitting the fenders

also do you happen to know how tall the tires are when mounted on the Jeep?

Hey! Sorry for the late response. I was going to wait for the diesel, but changed my mind due to the amount that the jeep will sit without running.

I will get some pictures of the wheel clearances for you. going with a 4.5 lift you will be fine without modifying the fenders though.

Gladiatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
TV/Film Sound Utility Technician
Ok! Gears are completed, also got the Rock sliders on along with the front bumper, lights, winch, superchip, and trax on top of the decked unit installed today. Making progress, just wish the rest of the lift parts would get here so I can get the lift on! Here are some progress pics.

20200410_183419.jpg

20200410_234517.jpg

20200410_234453.jpg
did you have to grind the frame away to get the winch to fit? I just installed the same bumper and the Warn Platinum 12-s winch won't fit. 10 and 12 claim to be the same size too.

Last edited:

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
How's the trail dash? Try any performance settings other than stock? Can u flash or pcm, or did ur include a blank one?

Sponsored

tjZ06

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 JGC Overland 4.7 HO, '18 JGC Trackhawk 6.2 SC
Occupation
Tech
For now it is just the stock spare. I am still debating on what to do there. In the 23+ years I have been doing this I have never been in a situation where I needed a full size spare and could not plug/patch a damaged tire. So I am thinking of leaving the stock 33" tire under there and just leaving it how it is or maybe getting a rear bumper with a tire carrier and going that route. I figure the next few months I will make a decision.
What did you end up deciding? My bumper/tire carrier on my WJ is super nice, but honestly it gets old swinging it to get in the hatch (which I suppose I'd do more often than needing to drop the tailgate on a Gladiator). IF/when I move to a Gladiator, and bigger than 37"s my plan is just to keep the stock spare wheel and get a 37" Patagonia or other light-ish tire to put under there. From what I recall, your 39"s only really measure out around 37.5". I figure if I needed the spare, I'd run it relatively aired-up, while keeping the larger primary tires aired-down enough that the hub-center-line to ground measurement is the same all around and not lock the axle the spare is on. Like you, I find it really rare the spare is actually needed, and it's a "worst case scenario" type thing generally...

-TJ

Maverick4x4

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ8, TJ, JKUR, YJ, , JTRD on order
Occupation
engineer
Nice build. I dropped in tonight to see how 39 KM3 fit on a JTR. I like the wheels and the rear "Decked" system. Anything you've changed since the build?
Sponsored