First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Max Tow
Occupation
Truck driver
Has anyone in here had the opportunity to run the 7 Hour Plane Crash from Northern Wisconsin to Copper Harbor, Mi?

The wife and I will be running it towards the end of July (2/3rd’s of it anyway) for our extended anniversary weekend. We rented a cottage in the U.P., and instead of going up to Mackinaw and crossing, we decided to ride the SS BADGER across from Ludington to Manitowoc, then start the trail in Crandon. Supposed to be fairly simple, just curious of others feedback. I’m trying to get out and enjoy the trails again and expand my area.

here’s a great YouTube video from Wanderlust Overland recording their trip
Sponsored

Trailstomp

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Healthcare IT/Nurse
Hi. I haven't run it yet, but will be doing it next week. Doing my research now. Been trying to find maps, either GAIA or ONX with the specific route, but havent found any yet. There is one good Google Map out there that's pretty good. Think I'll copy the waypoints over to GAIA as I'd prefer to use it. I'll report back when I get back!

Gryphon

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport S Max Tow
Love going to the U.P. Haven't taken the JLU or the JT yet up there but the Copper Harbor area is beautiful as is most of the U.P.
Can't wait to see how it goes, keep us posted after.

OP
OP
Gr8Hortoni

Gr8Hortoni

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Max Tow
Occupation
Truck driver
Hi. I haven't run it yet, but will be doing it next week. Doing my research now. Been trying to find maps, either GAIA or ONX with the specific route, but havent found any yet. There is one good Google Map out there that's pretty good. Think I'll copy the waypoints over to GAIA as I'd prefer to use it. I'll report back when I get back!
I’ve been MIA for a minute, just getting back to this. How did your trip go? I did find a pretty good route for it on GAIA that I downloaded, and the Google maps one seemed decent too.

timo2233

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150, Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Nurse
Has anyone in here had the opportunity to run the 7 Hour Plane Crash from Northern Wisconsin to Copper Harbor, Mi?

The wife and I will be running it towards the end of July (2/3rd’s of it anyway) for our extended anniversary weekend. We rented a cottage in the U.P., and instead of going up to Mackinaw and crossing, we decided to ride the SS BADGER across from Ludington to Manitowoc, then start the trail in Crandon. Supposed to be fairly simple, just curious of others feedback. I’m trying to get out and enjoy the trails again and expand my area.

here’s a great YouTube video from Wanderlust Overland recording their trip
Just finished this trail and had a great time. Here’s a little video from our trip

jeepers29

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, GC
Occupation
Domestic engineer
Waiting on Pt 2. Thanks for sharing. I have wanted to do this trail for a while now.
Sponsored